JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree727Likes

Thread: S5 Order Status: <24 hours to go!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Exactly, no idea. May be worth calling your stealer and quoting your VIN to see if yours is eligible.

Given they are the dealer that originally trounced his paintwork I'd have to hope so!

Hmmmm just read some bad experiences of some people who have had the update on A5OC so will stay quiet as my steering feels fine ... perhaps with mine being a newer car it is ok.

If it needs doing I am sure the Dealer will be in touch, but I am pretty sure Shrek got his car May last last so is 6 months older than mine.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Your LED lights will really finish the car off mate.

I keep looking at mine now and thinking WTF were you thinking Audi installing these shizer yellow lights !

The rear number plate lights are fine by the way, they look good, but all the others are $hit - the worst for me are the main interior light (because its SO BIG) and the front fogs, because they are so visibly yellow against the otherwise AWESOME main head lights and DRL's.

IMO, Audi possible lead the market in light designs (re front and rear lights clusters and interesting designs) and the A5/S5 light designs are among the best I have seen - front paperclip LED's are spectacular and the rear lights full LED look ace too.

So why so they cut corners on the interior lights etc ... who in Audi signed this off ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Your LED lights will really finish the car off mate.

I keep looking at mine now and thinking WTF were you thinking Audi installing these shizer yellow lights !

The rear number plate lights are fine by the way, they look good, but all the others are $hit - the worst for me are the main interior light (because its SO BIG) and the front fogs, because they are so visibly yellow against the otherwise AWESOME main head lights and DRL's.

IMO, Audi possible lead the market in light designs (re front and rear lights clusters and interesting designs) and the A5/S5 light designs are among the best I have seen - front paperclip LED's are spectacular and the rear lights full LED look ace too.

So why so they cut corners on the interior lights etc ... who in Audi signed this off ?
    Does make you wonder doesn't it. I'm sure the cab has LED interior overhead lights.

The kit is pretty easy to fit, no hassle at all on the S3, and at £49 for a kit that brings the interior out of the dark ages it's a no brainer. Probably an hour of your time at tops. Note it's £49 for the interior light pack, and I think the fogs are less than a tenner.
    Snake Pliskin likes this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmm may have to get them updated at some point then.

3rd Gear

Status
    So Trups at EM Tuning is the man for these then?
    Like you say for that kinda money its a real no brainer :-)

Can I contact him through the forum?

Cheers
    Keef
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

Status
    Honestly, it's a piece of piss. My wife tells me I'm retarded most days of the week so if I can fit them anyone can!

I'll even make it easy for you: sales@emtuning.co.uk (Contact Trups, tell him age / model of car, tell him I've sent you and you want full interior light pack. Pay £49 by Paypal to that mail address, 2 days later you'll be in LED heaven)! What's stopping you ;-)
    Keef and Snake Pliskin like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Honestly, it's a piece of piss. My wife tells me I'm retarded most days of the week so if I can fit them anyone can!

I'll even make it easy for you: sales@emtuning.co.uk (Contact Trups, tell him age / model of car, tell him I've sent you and you want full interior light pack. Pay £49 by Paypal to that mail address, 2 days later you'll be in LED heaven)! What's stopping you ;-)

That DOES sound FAR too easy mate - rediculously so LOL

1st Gear

Status
    I've just had a fellow S5 owner turn up for a coffee break (Shrek / Gareth from A5oC). He's just had the power steering update done on his 2013 car at my local Audi dealers so we caught up, compared notes and I showed him some of my precious things! His estoril blue car was looking mighty fine. Don't think the dealer had washed it!
    Thought I could feel my ears burning... they are big enough after all...

what power steering update ?

...... and knowing Shrek I would suspect he TOLD the Dealer NOT to wash it
    Lol - no, when asked "Would you like it washed?" I might have been a little quick off the mark with the "No!"...

So far, for me the power steering update doesn't seem to have changed much, although I didn't feel much of an issue anyway. It is perhaps a fraction better... but not sure if that is down to a placebo effect or not. I would say that if anything there is a little less slop from centre (technical term), looking back, occasionally it would take a couple of attempts to get turn in right whereas perhaps now it doesn't. To be honest not driven enough with it to be sure... plus I'm not that talented a helm-smith, so perhaps I'm talking rubbish.

It certainly hasn't knackered it like some are reporting...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek5 View Post
    Thought I could feel my ears burning... they are big enough after all...

Lol - no, when asked "Would you like it washed?" I might have been a little quick off the mark with the "No!"...

So far, for me the power steering update doesn't seem to have changed much, although I didn't feel much of an issue anyway. It is perhaps a fraction better... but not sure if that is down to a placebo effect or not. I would say that if anything there is a little less slop from centre (technical term), looking back, occasionally it would take a couple of attempts to get turn in right whereas perhaps now it doesn't. To be honest not driven enough with it to be sure... plus I'm not that talented a helm-smith, so perhaps I'm talking rubbish.

Does your car have the Dynamic steering option?

1st Gear

Status
    Yes, it does... should I be concerned...

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes, it does... should I be concerned...
    Not at all, I've recently bought an S5 and its got the Dynamic steering,whats the update for?.Coming from an RS3 I'm still getting used to the car and enjoying the comfort.

1st Gear

Status
    Ah I see. I think (amongst other things) some people report 'notchiness' around the 12 o'clock position, if I had it then it was a slight issue. As I said for me it feels slightly better on turn in, but that could very well be placebo.

I think for some it is worse or more noticeable. I've been aware of the update for a while and had planned to get it done at the first service at my local dealer. Unfortunately the 'systems were down' so they couldn't check for any updates on the day so I wasn't going to bother with it. But then coincidentally the supplying dealer called to say that the update was outstanding and could I come in to get it done.

Status
    Good to see you aboard Gareth, and glad to hear your car is OK. Hopefully the black coffee with black coffee chaser hasn't left you too wired!

Didn't realise how much stuff I'd accumulated until the wife bought home the spacers tonight...

image.jpg

4th Gear

Status

Ahhh that's good news then mate.

I don't have the dynamic steering, so not sure if it would apply to my car or not ... or if, with my car being a few months newer, any update was done at the factory ?

Either way, don't feel like I have an issue so will leave as is and if I get a call from the Dealer from the update then fine.
    DAYTONA500 likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Good to see you aboard Gareth, and glad to hear your car is OK. Hopefully the black coffee with black coffee chaser hasn't left you too wired!

Didn't realise how much stuff I'd accumulated until the wife bought home the spacers tonight...

image.jpg

OMG, that is a serious amount of kit you have acquired so far lol.

... you just need the car now mate
    warren_S5 and DAYTONA500 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    I didn't see the McGard bolts... I'd have stolen them if I had.

If you keep buying bits at this rate you'll be able to self build the car.
    warren_S5 and Snake Pliskin like this.
    S5 Black Edition, Estoril Blue, Tech pack advanced, full complement of Drive Select plus a few other bits and bobs.

4th Gear

Status
    Its like the Bionic Man (car) in reverse

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    So Trups at EM Tuning is the man for these then?
    Like you say for that kinda money its a real no brainer :-)

Can I contact him through the forum?

Cheers
    Keef
    Apologies Keef, missed your post. He does have a forum section on here, but probably best to mail him direct and tell him I sent you.

I don't know if you guys would be interested, but if a few of you were to buy an interior kit we could try and negotiate a group buy price, is that something you'd be interested in??? I'm happy to see if we can tap Trups up for a deal.

As long as you're happy fitting them, there is no coding to be done, you just need to decide whether you also want the fog lights.

Status
    I didn't see the McGard bolts... I'd have stolen them if I had.

If you keep buying bits at this rate you'll be able to self build the car.
    The bolts & spacers were delivered to Clare at work so only turned up last night; I'm now glad they did so I don't have to come and pinch them back!
    Shrek5 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Ah damn, should have come along a day later! Where did you get them from, been meaning to get a set myself, but wasn't sure about sizing etc. Although I suppose with the spacers they'd be a different size anyway?
    S5 Black Edition, Estoril Blue, Tech pack advanced, full complement of Drive Select plus a few other bits and bobs.

Status
    They came with the spacers, Andrew at Diesel Tuning UK had an S4 for a brief stint and bought them as you need extended locking bolts for the spacers. £160 all in for spacers / bolts / locking bolts (a couple of months old) & postage was a good deal and I'm really grateful to him for that. Looking at thick end of £250 new.

If you need a part # let me know.

Status
    Been to meet Nick at DMC Detailing tonight. I'm a person who buys from people I like, and I don't care how good a person is at their job, if they're insincere, arrogant or pushy I generally walk (unless they are a sole supplier).

Top guy, took me through the costs, options, top up services etc., so he'll be getting my business. We've provisionally pencilled in last week of May/ first week in June. Settled on CQuartz CQUK sealant as part of an enhancement detail. Shouldn't need any more than that as dealer won't touch the paintwork.

DMC Services & Prices

Big thanks to Scotty76 for the tip off, another box ticked!
    Snake Pliskin and Shrek5 like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Nice one Warren.

I had mine detailed 6 days after Dealer collection. Spoke to Detailer and he told me to just drive the car for those 6 days and he will take care of all prep etc and for me not to worry about washing the car before he treats it - so that was kinda cool. I do keep on top of keeping my car clean so to be able to drive for a week and know the cleaning would not be down to me that week was cool

The detail was well worth the expense and nearly 5 months on, I can still see the benefits and the car beads water and shines tremendously, especially after a wash.

Status
    Agreed. I think start as you mean to go on.

I'm buying two new buckets, grit guards, mitts and drying towels from him and some reload. I will then take the car to him every 3-4 months to top up (£55), and have full clean once a year.

I've taken a close look at my Panther S3 today and it's not a pretty sight, it's clean, but it's seriously flawed.

image.jpg

3rd Gear

Status
    Been to meet Nick at DMC Detailing tonight. I'm a person who buys from people I like, and I don't care how good a person is at their job, if they're insincere, arrogant or pushy I generally walk (unless they are a sole supplier).

Top guy, took me through the costs, options, top up services etc., so he'll be getting my business. We've provisionally pencilled in last week of May/ first week in June. Settled on CQuartz CQUK sealant as part of an enhancement detail. Shouldn't need any more than that as dealer won't touch the paintwork.

DMC Services & Prices

Big thanks to Scotty76 for the tip off, another box ticked!

Sounds good mate!

...im looking into hotels in Newbury as I type! :-)
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Nick is a great guy with a good reputation. The CQuartz stuff is very good so your car will be protected for quite a while with it. Should give it an awesome finish too.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

4th Gear

Status
    Agreed. I think start as you mean to go on.

I'm buying two new buckets, grit guards, mitts and drying towels from him and some reload. I will then take the car to him every 3-4 months to top up (£55), and have full clean once a year.

I've taken a close look at my Panther S3 today and it's not a pretty sight, it's clean, but it's seriously flawed.

image.jpg

The thing is .... I reckon you (and many of us) have very high standards and what you may think is flawed could appear to be fantastic to someone else who does not take the same care and attention as yourself.

I'm just the same - small things niggle me and I like things to be just so, including looking after my car and how it grates me if the car is not clean, how I clean the car on a weekly basis, even in winter, even with snow on the drive its either in you or its not.

I'm sure your S3 is in superb general condition, the same as my panther black TTS was when I traded it, but it was also flawed and had swirls etc - but I am sure all of these could have been corrected by a Detailer and brought back to tip top condition.

Black is a hard but rewarding colour to look after and hard to beat when clean. I thought I was going to have an easier ride with estoril blue but NO ! Yeah you get the same impact as black because its a dark extremely classy shade of blue, but it has ALL of the down sides of black too re water marks, shows swirls, shows dust etc .... but straight after a clean looks amazing and feels worth it then.

Status
    image.jpg

Fair point. To the untrained eye she looks mint, but get a strong dose of sunlight on her and then look into the paint and its not pretty!

God I dislike these stop gap wheels, they've took the magic out of the car :-(
    Sandra and Snake Pliskin like this.

4th Gear

Status
    TBH mate your car does look mint in that picture - gleaming and shiny !

Have to agree on the wheels though after seeing pics of your car with the rotors - they did transform it.

Will make someone a great car your part ex S3 for sure

4th Gear

Status
    and don't worry, you are getting closer and closer to those new AMAZING super sports seats

Just look at those babies and that ultra luxury interior.

nearly 5 months on, the quality of the cabin still impresses the hell out of me .....

warren_S5, Ash B, Sandra and 1 others like this.

Status
    The interior looks awesome Glen. x
    Snake Pliskin likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status
    image.jpg

Fair point. To the untrained eye she looks mint, but get a strong dose of sunlight on her and then look into the paint and its not pretty!

God I dislike these stop gap wheels, they've took the magic out of the car :-(
    Warren, the car is mint, someone going to get an excellent buy. Cant wait for you to get your new car, you off course know the drill, we want at least one pic before you go for a drive, lol. Thems the rules Warren. Lol. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Status
    and don't worry, you are getting closer and closer to those new AMAZING super sports seats

Just look at those babies and that ultra luxury interior.

nearly 5 months on, the quality of the cabin still impresses the hell out of me .....

Aaaaaarrrggghhh droooool, come to Daddy!

The lunar / black interior is enough to put a man in a compromised situation, especially if he has a penchant for tight fitting trousers. They are just the best thing!

4th Gear

Status
    Aaaaaarrrggghhh droooool, come to Daddy!

The lunar / black interior is enough to put a man in a compromised situation, especially if he has a penchant for tight fitting trousers. They are just the best thing!

Ha Ha ... they are a work art aren't they.

Just as good to sit on as they are to look at ... and the leccy adjustment is a real touch of added luxury too !
    warren_S5 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    The thing is .... I reckon you (and many of us) have very high standards and what you may think is flawed could appear to be fantastic to someone else who does not take the same care and attention as yourself.

I'm just the same - small things niggle me and I like things to be just so, including looking after my car and how it grates me if the car is not clean, how I clean the car on a weekly basis, even in winter, even with snow on the drive its either in you or its not.

I'm sure your S3 is in superb general condition, the same as my panther black TTS was when I traded it, but it was also flawed and had swirls etc - but I am sure all of these could have been corrected by a Detailer and brought back to tip top condition.

Black is a hard but rewarding colour to look after and hard to beat when clean. I thought I was going to have an easier ride with estoril blue but NO ! Yeah you get the same impact as black because its a dark extremely classy shade of blue, but it has ALL of the down sides of black too re water marks, shows swirls, shows dust etc .... but straight after a clean looks amazing and feels worth it then.
    It is really funny you should say this, I was discussing the other day how my car is really flawed, covered in swirl marks and basically a disgrace. My mates all thought I was crazy and said it looked really good...oh how mistaken they are!

I am like you in the sense that every weekend without fail it gets a full wash and interior clean come rain, shine or snow. But god do i regret buying a black car? Yes, yes I do.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

Status
    Black is a pain in the arse, but I love it when it's clean.

I did clean the car yesterday after the dusty rain, but I can't believe given the weather I'm seeing outside the window that it will be long before it rains again. If you don't look too closely she looks OK at the moment.

Ash B and Sandra like this.

Status
    The post lady brought the precious things from the shop today, real Porker supplier too which given their eBay account didn't suggest this probably means the parts guy is on the fiddle!

image.jpg
    Snake Pliskin and DAYTONA500 like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Nice one mate - about time we had an update on your thread

Anything else due in the post then ?

Status

Anything else due in the post then ?
    Only the car?!!!!

I was thinking about getting some POR15 for the wheels hubs, but given the price of a pot I'm going to stick with the smooth silver Hammerite I still have in the garage which still looks fine after 3 years on my S3. They wanted nearly £30 for a pot, of which it's unlikely I'll use a 1/4 of it.

Two pots of 5W-30 oil turned up from EuroCarParts yesterday which I got for £20 a tub, so I also have the oil for an interim oil change at about 5-6k. The worst of the wear happens as the engine beds in, so keeping oil clean in early days should limit any damage.

Last piece of the jigsaw is actually to get a ECS magnetic sump bung plug, other than that it's now just a 7 week waiting game

4th Gear

Status
    Only the car?!!!!

I was thinking about getting some POR15 for the wheels hubs, but given the price of a pot I'm going to stick with the smooth silver Hammerite I still have in the garage which still looks fine after 3 years on my S3. They wanted nearly £30 for a pot, of which it's unlikely I'll use a 1/4 of it.

Two pots of 5W-30 oil turned up from EuroCarParts yesterday which I got for £20 a tub, so I also have the oil for an interim oil change at about 5-6k. The worst of the wear happens as the engine beds in, so keeping oil clean in early days should limit any damage.

Last piece of the jigsaw is actually to get a ECS magnetic sump bung plug, other than that it's now just a 7 week waiting game

Excellent .... you've certainly got everything mapped out

My miles are so low - I will likely only make 6k by the factory oil change period within 12 months.

Just 7 weeks to go eh ....... I am sure it will fly by

Oh the joys of buying a 'stock' car ready to go eh !!!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast