Volks AutosBadger5
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree727Likes

Thread: S5 Order Status: <24 hours to go!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYTONA500 View Post
    Great news Warren won't be long now,bit inconsiderate of the salesman having a mountain bike accident and ending up in hospital he could have waited until you've collected the car.Get down that compound we need some photos of the car in all its glory.
    Warren is probably sneaking round the compound in his hoodie with a camera with a telephoto lens on it, or at home trying to have his 6 sleeps in one night lol. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek5 View Post
    How dare Nick have holiday before he'd detailed your car!
    It's damn rude, but I'll let him off this once! Did skunk these off them though!

IMG_3329.jpg

Great news Warren won't be long now,bit inconsiderate of the salesman having a mountain bike accident and ending up in hospital he could have waited until you've collected the car.Get down that compound we need some photos of the car in all its glory.
    Did go to have a look, but couldn't see it. Did see this though:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Warren is probably sneaking round the compound in his hoodie with a camera with a telephoto lens on it, or at home trying to have his 6 sleeps in one night lol. x
    You know me too well San!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    For what it's worth Warren, I would wait until day of collection to see it for the first time. Don't risk losing all that nervous excitement!
    warren_S5 and Shrek5 like this.

Status
    Agreed, I'm going to wait. Was good to see the S1 as I'd not seen one in the flesh.
    Snake Pliskin and AdamZA like this.

Status
    We will all do our best to keep your mind busy with other things. Will pre warn adam we going to need some extra server capacity on collection day. Lol. x
    warren_S5 and Snake Pliskin like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Oooooh that S1 looks tasty !!

lol we are only day 1 if your car arriving and the tension is at fever pitch level already ... What are you gonna be like in a couple more days time - never mind pick up day lol

There can't even be anything more you can possibly buy for your car to take your mind of it ... You must have got every possible item now
    warren_S5 and Sandra like this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Oooooh that S1 looks tasty !!

lol we are only day 1 if your car arriving and the tension is at fever pitch level already ... What are you gonna be like in a couple more days time - never mind pick up day lol

There can't even be anything more you can possibly buy for your car to take your mind of it ... You must have got every possible item now
    I think a new set of shades will be finishing touch and be useful for the cars trip to france. Go on Warren, a set of oakleys will be so cool. x
    Snake Pliskin and DAYTONA500 like this.

Status
    I think a new set of shades will be finishing touch and be useful for the cars trip to france. Go on Warren, a set of oakleys will be so cool. x
    I'd love to, but because I need prescription lenses a new set of Oakley's now costs me £550+ these days with the their polarised iridium lenses. Before my eyes went downhill used to be a cheap affair. Can't wear contacts either as my eyes are too dry (the lenses roll up on my eyeball and pop out onto the table - normally during a meeting in air conditioned office or in the car!).

4th Gear

Status
    Oakley sunglasses are

Treated myself to a new prescription pair last year and love em !!!

Yeah a new set of shades maybe should be added to the list then - good call
    Sandra and DAYTONA500 like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Got a pair of Oakley's about 10 years ago and they are still going strong. I'm usually pretty careful with glasses so they've lasted well, could do with some new lenses but last I looked they didn't have them on the website. Keep meaning to get in touch with them to see if they can be got.

Anyway could do with a pair of prescription sun glasses too... must get around to that!

Luckily I can wear contacts even though I don't all the time - the drying and curling up sounds unpleasant to say the least!
    warren_S5 likes this.
    S5 Black Edition, Estoril Blue, Tech pack advanced, full complement of Drive Select plus a few other bits and bobs.

Status
    image.jpg

Finance paperwork completed, deposit paid, so everything is out of the way in respect administration & finance. Just need to take driving licences in on day of collection and that is it.

Got £550 more on my trade in than I was expecting and no hard sell on GAP / additional services.

This turned up today (courtesy of a recommendation from the RS3 boys), a jack puck that protects the seam welds under the car when lifting it (for doing wheels / spacers / mounts etc.). £12 off Fleabay makes it a steal and vital part of any S5 owner/tinkerers toolkit.

image.jpg

4th Gear

Status
    S1 looks like a little mean machine. However... the OCD's amongst us are not going to tune well with the fog grilles...
    warren_S5 and AdamZA like this.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    image.jpg

Finance paperwork completed, deposit paid, so everything is out of the way in respect administration & finance. Just need to take driving licences in on day of collection and that is it.

Got £550 more on my trade in than I was expecting and no hard sell on GAP / additional services.

This turned up today (courtesy of a recommendation from the RS3 boys), a jack puck that protects the seam welds under the car when lifting it (for doing wheels / spacers / mounts etc.). £12 off Fleabay makes it a steal and vital part of any S5 owner/tinkerers toolkit.

image.jpg
    Getting more for trade in is a bonus. Thats the £550 for the Oakleys covered then Warren. You know you dont need the paper stuff in your wallet anyway, lmao. x

Status
    Getting more for trade in is a bonus. Thats the £550 for the Oakleys covered then Warren. You know you dont need the paper stuff in your wallet anyway, lmao. x
    If I did the missus would castrate me with what I've spent on 'bits'. I'm paying for the holiday in June, so it will go towards that!

2nd Gear

Status
    Oakley sunglasses are

Treated myself to a new prescription pair last year and love em !!!

Yeah a new set of shades maybe should be added to the list then - good call
    Oakleys Inmates are my choice at the minute I've accumulated several Oakleys over the years, best sunglasses on the market imo.
    warren_S5 and Snake Pliskin like this.

Status
    Oakleys Inmates are my choice at the minute I've accumulated several Oakleys over the years, best sunglasses on the market imo.
    Agreed. Started with Frogskins in '96 and had various flavours ever since. Even buy sunglasses frames and have them skinned with clear reactolite Oakley lenses for day to day use.

Insurance now sorted, increased my monthly premium by £10 a month for rest of policy duration so not a big jump.

V5 dug out from office cabinet, all the service docs / owners manual collected together. We're good to go, roll on Thursday morning!

Paid my fiver to see spec on ERWIN and it looks complete so kool and the gang!
    https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/
    CHEZ, DAYTONA500 and AdamZA like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    S1 looks like a little mean machine. However... the OCD's amongst us are not going to tune well with the fog grilles...
    Haha this was the first thing I noticed about the S1 too!

Not long now Warren! Can't wait to see all the pictures of it, extremely jealous. S5 is a stunning looking motor.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

1st Gear

Status
    My favourites are my Oakley Why 8.1 in Black Chrome frame and Bronze lens. Impossible to find now that they're discontinued. Unfortunately they broke and I'm left with a standard pair of Oakley Why 8.2 with Black Chrome frame and Black lens
    warren_S5 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamZA View Post
    My favourites are my Oakley Why 8.1 in Black Chrome frame and Bronze lens. Impossible to find now that they're discontinued. Unfortunately they broke and I'm left with a standard pair of Oakley Why 8.2 with Black Chrome frame and Black lens
    Have you tried getting in touch with them to see if they can do a repair? I haven't got round to it yet but someone I know sent their sunglasses in for service recently and thought it was worth doing. Got the address and phone number off them if you want it, although sure going via the website would achieve the same thing.
    S5 Black Edition, Estoril Blue, Tech pack advanced, full complement of Drive Select plus a few other bits and bobs.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek5 View Post
    Have you tried getting in touch with them to see if they can do a repair? I haven't got round to it yet but someone I know sent their sunglasses in for service recently and thought it was worth doing. Got the address and phone number off them if you want it, although sure going via the website would achieve the same thing.
    Unfortunately the frame snapped in half in a car accident a few years ago and I simply left them in the car :P Since then I've not come across another pair!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamZA View Post
    Unfortunately the frame snapped in half in a car accident a few years ago and I simply left them in the car :P Since then I've not come across another pair!
    D'oh! In that case not a lot of point getting in touch with them.

Status
    73 hours, 21 minutes and counting......!

I may have to think about changing my user name.

5th Gear

Status
    So Warren how long will it have been from build week to delivery? 3 weeks is it?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    So Warren how long will it have been from build week to delivery? 3 weeks is it?
    24 days from build week to delivery, and I know Brian has pulled out some stops to get mine through the PDI process quicker. My dealership are expanding at quite a rate of knots into other brands and their PDI centre is working 7 days a week at the moment to manage the backlog of cars (can you imagine what first week of March & September must be like?). I think its about average really as most of the dealers are largely similar sizes. If they had to pre-allocate less cars in the UK to secure stock I think our cars would come quicker, but such is the nature of the beast.

Status
    73 hours, 21 minutes and counting......!

I may have to think about changing my user name.
    I thought that would happen Warren. Im lmao@your countdown in hours and minutes, you got it bad Warren. This is the best and worst part about waiting. Just look at it like this, you can take 24 hours off that for sleep time so tht takes a chunk off the 73 hours part. I hope your taking a full day off work to collect. They will lay on a big fireworks display, champagne (which you cant drink) nice little bbq and then unveil the car. That has made me think of a few different tunes, x

Status

Status
    We like!
    Sandra likes this.

Old enough to know better

Status

image.jpg
    Oooooh, like that, need one for the Jaaaag XF and as my boys play the game, I've a few lying around the garage (and the broken windows to prove it...)

Any chance of a more detailed pic of the middle bit? :-D
    Current: A5 2.0TDi Sportback Quattro Black Edition : Ibis White : Heated seats : Folding mirrors : Interior light pack : Tech Pack
    Recent Cars: BMW e92 320d Coupe M-Sport : Saab 9-3 1.9TiD Hirsh

Status
    SorryWarren, i couldnt get it to display, stupid iphone. x
    warren_S5 likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler View Post
    Oooooh, like that, need one for the Jaaaag XF and as my boys play the game, I've a few lying around the garage (and the broken windows to prove it...)

Any chance of a more detailed pic of the middle bit? :-D
    I'll get one for you later, but this is the items if you want a closer look: AUDI A3 A5 Rubber Jack Pad Trolley Jack adapter Pinch weld Rubber block | eBay

Had another little delivery turn up this morning, these will take care of playlist duties whilst the HDD will hold the entire music library.
    IMG_3334.jpg

I've got a little bottle of magic incoming on the recommendation of DMC: Hydro2 100ml- Spray & Rinse Coating - CarPro UK

Supposedly you spray it with a bottle sprayer onto a wet car then after a couple of minutes you spray it with water and the water just beads off (at which point you towel dry). Intrigued to see how it works, will report back.

Old enough to know better

Status
    I'll get one for you later, but this is the items if you want a closer look: eBay linky
    Thx, that link is grand, looks like an easy make!

Had toyed with one for the BMW e92 but the M suspension was so low I had to reverse the car up onto wooden wedges to get just enough clearance for the jack, I'd never have got one of those in too... Great idea tho.
    Current: A5 2.0TDi Sportback Quattro Black Edition : Ibis White : Heated seats : Folding mirrors : Interior light pack : Tech Pack
    Recent Cars: BMW e92 320d Coupe M-Sport : Saab 9-3 1.9TiD Hirsh

5th Gear

Status
    Supposedly you spray it with a bottle sprayer onto a wet car then after a couple of minutes you spray it with water and the water just beads off (at which point you towel dry). Intrigued to see how it works, will report back.
    DMC has a little video of it in action...

warren_S5 likes this.

Status
    Nice one Scott, anything that makes life that easy will be a good thing.
    scotty76 likes this.

moderately amusing

Status
    Honestly, you with your virgin new shiny unadulterated delivery, and cuppa with his mortgage wheels on wheels makes me feel deflated!
    Quick you guys!
    Need a good hit of 5 porn
    warren_S5 likes this.

Status
    You'll be getting it in raw unadulterated form on Thursday Chez, a full modification step by step build thread bonanza! Mine will never come within 10% of Cuppa's, all I can afford to do is keep the bugger looking clean!
    CHEZ, DAYTONA500 and Shrek5 like this.

4th Gear

Status
    Yes it won't be long before the cleansing begins and 'looking after' of your black S5

It is a labour of love but well worth it .... not many sleeps left now lol so your PAIN will soon be over

Fitting all your new bits is gonna keep you busy for a few weeks anyway.

The new car feeling & experience is nearly upon you !!!

Status
    Fitting all your new bits is gonna keep you busy for a few weeks anyway.
    Aiming to be done in a day!

The cleaning process will take weeks though (granted!)

1st Gear

Status
    You'll be getting it in raw unadulterated form on Thursday Chez, a full modification step by step build thread bonanza! Mine will never come within 10% of Cuppa's, all I can afford to do is keep the bugger looking clean!
    I want live webcams and twitter feeds as a minimum...
    warren_S5 likes this.

Status
    48 hours (and counting)

Shouted in a James Bond villain's hench-man kind of style (from the 60's)
    Keef likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi Warren

I'm looking forward to a Jack Bauer, 24 style count down - I can hear the beeps already!

Did you get sorted with Nick @ DMC - do you know whens he's back from hols?
    S4 Avant quattro Black Edition