New Key

A5sprint

Reaction score
I am looking to get a spare 3 button key as I only have 1, plus the plastic emergency key, but Audi have quoted over £200.

There are several used keys on ebay, some with un-cut blanks, but can a used key be re-programmed for a 2010 A5?
I have heard different stories from various sources, some saying they can, some saying they can't.

Can anyone advise me on this please?

If you could pm your Vin and reg I could quote you for a key. There is a possibility you would be able to replace the internals to reprogram, but then you would need somebody to program it.

Thanks for the offer @udi A3. Daft question but would I still need to get the key programmed or can you somehow do this as well?

There is no way to copy to immo part of your key to another. The only way i can do this with some cars is by sending me the dash/comfort module and all keys. Technology is always advancing though so who knows! Currently you will need to be plugged into a diagnostics tool.

If you are really carefull, you could extract the transponder from the emergency key to fit to a new remote key. High chance of messing it up though and ending up with one key.

There is no way to copy to immo part of your key to another. The only way i can do this with some cars is by sending me the dash/comfort module and all keys. Technology is always advancing though so who knows! Currently you will need to be plugged into a diagnostics tool.

If you are really carefull, you could extract the transponder from the emergency key to fit to a new remote key. High chance of messing it up though and ending up with one key.

Am I correct in thinking the remote key you can supply is fitted with a new transponder so all I then need to do is get it programmed by my dealer?