JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By razza1

Thread: Haggling for an A5

Neutral

Status

Haggling for an A5

I've done a little searching around and found plenty of threads about how people go about getting a discount on purchase of a new car from a dealer, but not so much on how much people are finding they can knock the price of an approved used down.

I'm considering an A5, Sline, Auto, 3.0tdi, would like the S-tronic gearbox, and obviously as many toys as I can. Looking to spend £15k to £20k, and chopping in my '06my, 120kmile, A4 2.0tfsi, Sline, Avant, Quattro, Auto.

So I'd be grateful of anyone's experience of negotiating a deal with a stealer, what sort of amount you got off the window price, how much your tradein compared to the book price, which options you'd sacrifice in order to get a better price and which you'd say were essential.

I.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    This looks like a real good one: http://www.inchcapeaudi.com/vehicles...ro-s-line.aspx
    Plus you know its most likely to be a good car with it being for sale with Audi, And you will also get 1 years warranty with it too.
    It has the ABT bodykit on and 20" Wheels and quite allot of spec.
    Dont expect to get allot knocked off the price of the car and dont expect a great deal for part ex either.. Just push them as much as you can.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

Neutral

Status
    Yes I've seen that one and it's not too far from me so I'll be able to go see it.
    Also thought the wheels looked bigger than the 18 inch it says in the write up
    Just goes to show you also need to check that the spec quoted matches the car.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah its a really nice car that, i had a search around for what you would like and that one seemed to out stand the rest.
    I think the rest of spec listed is correct but yep they are 20" Audi wheels.
    I also don't think you will get allot off it because somebody somewhere will really want that car because it is has the ABT bodykit + exhausts, its not like you see an ABT everyday.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html

Neutral

Status
    Ok, so excuse my ignorance, but the kit is an Audi option? Guessing so as I don't think I've seen any cars on an Audi forecourt with obvious aftermarket parts.

6th Gear

Status
    Tbh im not sure how it works. I think Audi have some kind of partnership with ABT Chip tuning, aerodynamics, rims. ABT Sportsline is the world‘s leading Audi and VW tuner
    Before i bought my car i looked at a brand new one with a ABT bodykit on at an Audi dealer.
    Even if the previous owner has had the bodykit put on it isnt really a problem because ABT are rather well known for VAG.

5th Gear

Status
    I've been looking at that for a bit now and love it, only thing with it will be the ride will be harsh on the 20" wheels, and it'll cost you close to £1100 to replace the tyres!!!!

If it was on 19's I would jump on it....
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

6th Gear

Status
    You are right £1150 for a set of dunlops what it is running now from ATS.
    They will probably only last 20k at the very max depending on how you drive it too.
    I wouldn't say the ride would be harsh but it wouldn't be very good, it also depends on that bothers you and you would sacrifice the ride for the 20". Also if you live in the Northwest where i do the roads are just atrocious, in other areas they are very good.
    If you are interested in the car then take it for a test drive for a day and see what you think. I always take a car for a long test drive before i buy because i want to know that it is fine for me.

5th Gear

Status
    You obviously haven't tried the roads around Reading lol
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

6th Gear

Status
    They really cant be as bad as Manchester area ! You kerb your wheels falling down them it hasn't happened on this car touch wood. And one of them even made a bubble in my sons tyre !

5th Gear

Status
    Did you buy it, as it's not available any more?
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

6th Gear

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Good luck with that....agree it might have been a good deal from Audi if buying yourself, but to buy it to try and make money from it...bit risky