Start up & turnover

CDP

Reaction score
I've just picked up an RS5 10 days ago and whilst the car is fantastic, it's introduced a behavior which I’m not too sure about...

On ignition the car starts up and turns over fine however after 2-3 seconds the turnover speed drops to the point where it nearly stalls. It does recover itself but the overall feeling I get is that an electric choke (or something similar) isn't working correctly, the engine doesn't get enough fuel but realises this and provides more.

This also seems to have got more obvious over the last week where mornings and evenings are obviously getting cooler, maybe relevant maybe not...?

Does this sound familiar or has anyone come across an issue like this before?

Welcome to the site.

Take it in & have them check for any ecu updates.

Thanks for the suggestion, I took it into local dealer (Reading) and they reported no unusual issues after a system check and cold start. The only specific feedback related to TPI 2028544/6 stating:

'for compliance with Euro-5 exhaust gas emission standard a high exhaust gas quality at idle speed necessary. To achieve this a high exhaust gas temp is already to be reached shortly after the engine. This may be perceived as the engine is jerky'

I am still not sure about this as if similar behaviours were consistent with the RS/R8 4.2 v8 engine (which the above TPI was attributed to) they would surely be more experienced and talked about? Think I’ll be taking it to a different dealer in Camberley for a second opinion…

Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Chris