EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By A5_Ian
  • 1 Post By SL11CKK

Thread: Pick up day...with (lots of) pics!!

Reverse Gear

Status

Pick up day...with (lots of) pics!!

Ok...so I know it was over a week ago now since I picked up my A5, but just have been so busy I haven't had the chance to sit down and write it up....until now! So here goes - sorry, it's a bit of an essay.....

I sold my last car (Mk5 VW Golf R32) a few weeks ago and so the hunt began for something similar...but more economical! The A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe S-Line seemed to for the bill nicely - similar power, V6 engine, 4WD yet about twice as economical!! So I had my eye on a few but eventually found this one in LKC Motors in Worksop....

So I got on the phone, secured the car with a deposit and sorted the finance out with Capital Car Finance - an EXCELLENT company if anyone is looking for finance! Cannot fault them at all and they gave me an excellent deal with great APR rates that couldn't be beaten anywhere else!

Anyway, back to the car....so with the finance all sorted, I made arrangements to pick up the car...as I'm from Northern Ireland I had to book flights over and the ferry back! It really is very straightforward so if anyone from Northern Ireland is reading this and is thinking of buying a car on the mainland (or vice versa!) but think it's too much hassle, it really isn't!! Very very smooth! My wife came with me (we left the kids at home!!) and we got the plane to East Midlands, the dealership at LKC Motors very kindly agreed to pick us up and drive us the hours journey to their showroom, check over the car and deal with paperwork and hey pesto, we are driving out of their place in a new motor! Must say, LKC Motors were a pleasure to deal with! Very family friendly company and excellent service who know what they are talking about when it comes to quality cars! Would highly recommend them to anyone!

Anyway, we had decided that instead of rushing back to catch the ferry at Holyhead that evening that we would stay in Manchester Trafford Centre Travelodge for the night, so that was our first destination..not before a quick bite of lunch in Sainsbury's though....my first chance to crack out the wife's DSLR and get a few snaps of my new pride and joy...

After lunch we made our way towards Manchester....a beautiful drive through the Peak District and a great first drive...unfortunately my wife slept for most of it so there are no nice scenic pics I'm afraid...to be fair, she was literally just back from an 11 day church trip to Uganda so she was absolutely wrecked!

Anyway, we made it to the Travelodge at the Trafford Centre and parked up...more photo opportunities...

So, since that I had my fun driving my new car, it was now her turn....off to the Trafford Centre we went for a few hours of shopping!!!!

After a lovely meal and cinema it was time to head back and get some sleep - it was a long day!

Up the next morning and back to the Trafford Centre for breakfast and a bit more shopping(!!)...then we started our journey towards Wales and Holyhead! We were getting the 8.30pm ferry so we had loads of time!

Lovely drive, mainly motorway the whole way to be honest to Wales, then we made our way along the coast - as we had plenty of time we stopped off at Colwyn Bay for a little break and to admire the view...and of course take a few more pics....

We (sorry I mean my wife!) then asked an ambulance driver where the nearest SHOPPING town was so he said Llandudno so off we went to find it! To be fair it was pretty close by so we parked up and again headed on a trek around the shops....however I couldn't keep my eyes off the A5 sitting nicely parked in the car park....

I'm pleased to report that we (she) didn't spend too long (or too much!!) there so we made our way to Holyhead to catch the ferry...

Here she is, all parked up for the journey (think the woman in shot thinks I'm taking a photo of her!!)

Nothing to report about the ferry journey - pretty standard really and after about 3 1/2 hours we had arrived in Dublin and made our way home!

Got some snaps the next day in daylight (sorry, I didn't get a chance to clean it after the journey - please don't judge me!!)

And finally, for my favourite so far....

So there you have it, my pick up day(s)! It really is a very straightforward process travelling from NI to mainland GB and hopefully, if nothing else, this post will have inspired someone to take the step and travel across the Irish Sea to pick up their new car! Despite anything else, it really does work out a lot cheaper and it is a very enjoyable couple of days break!

I'm really pleased with the A5 - such a gorgeous car and a real head-turner! Great engine too! And I must say, Im very glad I opted for the Coupe - a couple of weeks ago I was debating Coupe or Sportback as we have 2 kids - a 3 and 1 year old! For us, it is nothing more than a slight inconvenience getting them in and out! Our 3 year old boy can jump in and out of the back himself and our wee girl isn't too hard to get in - will probably put her seat in the front when it's just me and the kids to make it even easier! But I know it's not for everyone! However, for me, I definitely made the right choice! For me, the mark of a great car is your anticipation to be in it when you're not - and I can't wait to get in it again, so this is a very good sign!

Have no mods planned - to be honest, I like to keep it as standard as possible, but I think I will upgrade the alloys at some point - again, after much debating and a poll on here, I think I have finally decided...initially I was thinking of a set of black polished S5 style alloys but I have since changed my mind on these! So it was then between a set of Gunmetal RS6 alloys or the new RS4/5 V-spokes...after seeing Nickyboy's post on the A5OC forumof his black S5 with V-spokes I have made up my mind - the V-spokes it is - I think they just look incredible and really set the car off! Check out his post here and see what you think... 20 V spokes - A5_OC

Anyway, think that's enough for now! Sorry if I have bored you with the length of this post!

Hope anyone who is still reading enjoyed it!

Thanks

Ian

PS. Even though it is my wife's camera I took all of the shots myself!! Not too bad, even if i do say so myself!!
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    :

Audi A5 3 0 TDI full Supersprint exhaust - YouTube

By the way absolutely love the final picture of the water beading.
    davesimmo likes this.

I am WOLF.......

Status
    Very nice motor Ian and some very arty shots of the beast...looking good
    Enjoy!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SL11CKK View Post
    :

Audi A5 3 0 TDI full Supersprint exhaust - YouTube

By the way absolutely love the final picture of the water beading.
    Wow

1st Gear

Status
    Car looks lovely ian best wishes for it ,my last two a4s came from Glasgow,and my wife's golf was a ferry ride away also,dealers here seem to think we are unable to travel!