Automatic headlight wash

Direwolf

Reaction score
Hi all. I've just traded in a 2009 2.0L TFSI TT Roadster for a 2011 2.0L TFSI A5 Sportback SLine Quattro, all because of the imminent arrival of my first children (twins). Who says you have to get a people carrier???
2 things I'm not happy with all because I thought the car would have them as standard. These are the headlight washers, which are not on the car, even though the bumper shows the blankplates and it doesn't have Bluetooth.
Does anyone know if the car should have the automatic headlight washers fitted as standard or not?
Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Headlight washers are standard for xenon headlights & afaik only on request for halogens, so that maybe why.

Yes we can fit the 2 systems, pm for a price if interested.

Please show us a pic of the car front so we can see what's fitted :)

I believe that the SLine A5 Sportbacks from 2011 had Xenon headlights as standard and so should have headlight washers. They only 'spray' every 3rd or 4th time you use your main windscreen washers.

Bluetooth phone was an option on that model A5 Sportback so may not be there if it wasn't specified.

Hi all. I've just traded in a 2009 2.0L TFSI TT Roadster for a 2011 2.0L TFSI A5 Sportback SLine Quattro, all because of the imminent arrival of my first children (twins). Who says you have to get a people carrier???
2 things I'm not happy with all because I thought the car would have them as standard. These are the headlight washers, which are not on the car, even though the bumper shows the blankplates and it doesn't have Bluetooth.
Does anyone know if the car should have the automatic headlight washers fitted as standard or not?
Any help would be appreciated.

On the Bluetooth issue, I read on another forum earlier that newer B8s have bluetooth fitted as standard but if it's not spec'd from new it's just disabled although I can't verify that this is accurate information. When you go to Audi to have it fitted later all they do is enable it so it might be worth a go enabling it using VCDS to see if it's fitted in yours.

Only with mmi system fitted, its not standard for symphony etc head units.

I believe that the SLine A5 Sportbacks from 2011 had Xenon headlights as standard and so should have headlight washers. They only 'spray' every 3rd or 4th time you use your main windscreen washers.

Bluetooth phone was an option on that model A5 Sportback so may not be there if it wasn't specified.

Also the headlights have to be on as well, if not just the windsreen washer works

Direwolf congrats on the new car. I know the coupe boot is big enough gor twin pram as we have 17mth old twins. But wife sold her ST3 for a touran does the job well.
ps
sleep is for lighweights :)