3.0 V6 silencer removal

LawrieV6Quattro

Reaction score
Or mufflerectomy as some people like to call it. Finding the standard system far too quiet...not really my style.

Has anyone removed their silencers? I'm just gauging wether to keep the standard back boxes as well or go for louder ones? If anyone can comment on how much of a note improvement there is from just doing the silencer it would be much appreciated :)

If you mean the TDI, I've just done it. Had it dyno tested before and after and was up 20 horsepower.

It's all good, got it booked in for dpf delete and boxless for the rest. Going for tuning on Friday so I'll post my results up :)

As best as I can edit this, here's what I got.

Mufflerectomy 640

Just by hacking off the two backboxes. I've got a full video of the dyno process I just haven't edited it yet. I have a rough copy of the hacking off bit though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A fellow jock I see? Haha :). Interesting how restricting these actually are! I'll make sure to get some before videos when I hand the car in tonight...and then some after videos on Friday when I pick it back up.

Also interesting how much sound the dpf absorbs!

I'm very interested in this because I was going to be just putting in some straight pipes as well. Noticed that there was no centre silencer in the exhaust system as well which I found surprising, between the DPF, CAT and turbo there must be a lot of sound being lost must be sucking up a lot of sound!

20hp seems like a lot from just that, but I won't complain too much! Is this the 240PS engine you have?