2010 A5 Sportback Judder on Idle

devan

Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up my 2010 Sportback yesterday (2.0tdi 143hp multitronic), and when idling it whilst the engine is cold it seems to judder every 2 seconds, along with the rev needle dipping slightly as it judders.

The car has manufacturers warranty until next friday, so I rushed around on the phone today to get it into an Audi garage before it ran out of warranty. However when I drove it this evening the juddering seems to have settled down. It also stops juddering when the engine is warm.

Just wondering if this is a common problem and if its still worth taking it to Audi? Or if it just what to expect with a diesel.
Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,
Ash.

Get the audi warranty extension & complain about the issue now so its on record & get it taken in, once its booked on a card then it has to be resolved even if warranty is out afaik.

Also hate to say but multitronics don't rate well with my mastertech mate & others have said, so make sure you're covered warranty wise with audi as that's expensive if it goes wrong.

Ok cheers, I got a quote of £402 from Audi for a year with Named Parts covered, which includes the gearbox.

Warranty Direct quoted £441, but they said it also covered wear & tear on certain parts like belts which Audi don't, so just deciding between the two now.

Yeah try claiming of warranty direct & see how you get on, wear & tear my ****.

I would go with audi tbh, but check every detail to make sure its covered before signing.