Audi A5 rear cluster LED change

Rajdaman69

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there anyone out there that knows much about changing pre 2009 standard rear clusters to newer led clusters?
I have fitted the led clusters in however the wiring plugs are different on both units ( led has more wires ) I was lead to believe that they were plug and play - with a bit of coding but I was wrong :( is there such thing as adapters, or wiring looms that convert these?
has anyone done anything out there that has made it work? Or can anyone out there do it?

kind Regards

Are yours the original A5 rear clusters or original led versions?

You may need a new module & harness or someone to convert it, vcds or a dealer to adapt.

I maybe able to do this for you.

Hi,
They are genuine Audi Led clusters. I can provide the part numbers if you wish?

Kind Regards

I meant which version of clusters, as there were halogen, then led & now the newer led type iirc, yeah what's the part numbers?

I'll get you the part number tomorrow, how ever for now I can confirm they are the LED clusters from late 2009-2012.

Kind Regards

Hi,
The part number for one of them is 8T0 945 093A ( 19/11/10 ) version

kind Regards

Hello,

I want to do the same thing as you. Audi are charging £700 for the kit which includes the lights, module & harness. They will fit for £180. I don't think there is a cheaper way. I have rung a few places about coding the lights but think its a big job by the sounds of things and people not wanting to do it. If you have any luck then let me know. Mine is an 08 audi A5 3.0tdi

thanks Lee

I have sent them an email now. Great find, thanks :)

The company replied saying that the lights might still need coding so it would be cheaper buying them from audi for £700

However Audi have said they will supply the retro kit, but not fit it in, as they wish not to take any chances of blowing anything else whilst s installing it.

Helpful Audi as standard! NOT!!!

Regards

Rajdaman69 - yeah thats right, i only found one Audi dealer that would supply and fit, the rest said they would supply but not fit. Not very helpful at all. Starting to think its more hastle than its worth trying to get these lights fitted. I should have just waited and gone for a 2010 model with the lights already installed

Rajdaman69 - yeah thats right, i only found one Audi dealer that would supply and fit, the rest said they would supply but not fit. Not very helpful at all. Starting to think its more hastle than its worth trying to get these lights fitted. I should have just waited and gone for a 2010 model with the lights already installed

Sorry, I know this is an old post but I've just joined the site and wondered if you have sorted this? PM me if not and I can point you in the right direction or may be able to help with the coding.

Sorry, I know this is an old post but I've just joined the site and wondered if you have sorted this? PM me if not and I can point you in the right direction or may be able to help with the coding.

Hi mate I'm changing my tail lights to led, was going to ask how much do u charge? thanks