MMI Updating - Remap issues

FinnMc1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Going to update my MMI software to 5570 but heard that it can wipe any engine ECU remap you might have! Can anyone confirm if this is true or not. I find it hard to believe but want to make sure!

Cheers,
Finn

I always find it wise, unless told otherwise, when updating firmware to either have engine running or a battery regulator attached, to maintain power levels as some systems shut down & send comms messages that can interfere with update processes, I don't know this update specifically, but does it have 3 discs, as I seem to recall 1 update takes a while & some people have had to login & re-enable some systems, as for remaps, I don't know any mmi update that rewrites the engine map.

Ye ive read you need to leave it on charge or running. Will have to source a car charger from somewhere I guess. Thanks for the info. I thought it sounded crazy that it would rewrite the ECU!
Hopefully it all goes smoothly. Just downloading the updates at the moment,
Cheers

Be very careful using downloads for mmi, as if they're corrupted you could end up with a bigger expensive problem, verify the data being used.

How can I verify it? Ive got it off a GPS Underground site and other guys on there sound as if its worked for them. Thought it would refuse it if it was corrupt coding etc

That's what I meant, verify the download via other users.