Just ordered a new S5 for September delivery

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just ordered an S5 in estoril blue for delivery in September.

Changing from a TTS, so a nice transition and gives me usable rear seats which I do want now.

Absolutely blown away by this car - looks, performance, sound, quality, comfort, spec ... it ticks all the boxes !

The countdown has begun and I can't wait :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Christophano
Quiet as a church ........ here in the A5 / S5 / RS5 forum !

:laugh:

Reactions: Sandra
Quiet as a church ........ here in the A5 / S5 / RS5 forum !

:laugh:

Congrats on ordering the new car. Im sure things will pick up in this section as you keep us all updated with your new car. :) x

Thanks Sandra and no worries ... appreciate the A5 is a lower volume car than some of the others on the forum.

September WOW theres a lot of sleepless nights to be had

congrats btw sounds like an awesome car

Thanks SL4VE.

Yeah, used to long waits for cars with Audi ... but all worth it and part of the experience and anticipation.

When it arrives, it will look almost identical to this, but with UK spec standard alloys ...

Very nice....wife currently has a TTS roadster and we used to have the B8 S4....TT is a great car, but the S4 was the best car we have ever owned....comfortable, quick, classy, smooth....just had everything, and that Supercharged V6 is an unbelievably good engine....I'm therefore very jealous of your S5.

Mind you, September must seem like a lifetime away..:))

Revised my order to include the 'black styling package' now.
Gets rid of all the chrome items and grey panels which are replaced by matt / gloss black parts on the front grille, fog light area and side window cappings.
This feels more in keeping with the cars "S" sporty enhancements, rather than the chrome which is perhaps more traditional.

Will look like this ....

Reactions: SparkyMcA and notta3
Tidy! Just found this thread. & here was me thinking you were all set for an S3!!!

Tidy! Just found this thread. & here was me thinking you were all set for an S3!!!

I was mate ... but then got fed up of waiting for S3 to be released and for a little bit more went for the S5.

nice awesome cars, i got to drove one at work the other day was impressed.

Update on my car order for "September" delivery ....

Build week confirmed @ mid October !

Hmmm, I suspect delivery 1st September may be rather difficult on this basis.

* cue dialogue with Dealer *

Now revised my order to full on black edition S5.

I did enquire about this a few weeks ago but was advised it would push back delivery to November so did not bother.
Seeing as my delivery was going to be November anyway, there was nothing to stop me going all out BLACK :cool:
I do think it really finishes the car off though with the extra bits & pieces.

So a bit longer to wait (which aint so good) but the end product will be well worth waiting for I am sure.

Update on my car order for "September" delivery ....

Build week confirmed @ mid October !

Hmmm, I suspect delivery 1st September may be rather difficult on this basis.

* cue dialogue with Dealer *

Now revised my order to full on black edition S5.

I did enquire about this a few weeks ago but was advised it would push back delivery to November so did not bother.
Seeing as my delivery was going to be November anyway, there was nothing to stop me going all out BLACK :cool:
I do think it really finishes the car off though with the extra bits & pieces.

So a bit longer to wait (which aint so good) but the end product will be well worth waiting for I am sure.

Car looks awesome, i will enjoy your countdown. I will even pop in here to give you some music to while away the days. :) x

Thanks Sandra it will be appreciated as a fair wait to go yet.

The wait for Audi cars is a killer, but many of us have gone through it.

It don't get any easier, but it does make the anticipation and actual pick up day feel pretty special knowing the wait you have had to endure.

At least I have a TT to run about in the meantime.

Out of curiosity, did you try them for any discount?
Seems plenty are getting some knocked off the new S3 orders & would imagine seeing the S5 has been out for a while, it would be more likely for one.

Yes mate ... Very healthy double digit discount.

partly what made the 5 do-able !

Thanks Sandra it will be appreciated as a fair wait to go yet.

The wait for Audi cars is a killer, but many of us have gone through it.

It don't get any easier, but it does make the anticipation and actual pick up day feel pretty special knowing the wait you have had to endure.

At least I have a TT to run about in the meantime.

Little tune to keep you going. :) x

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City - YouTube

That was a good choice of music :thumbsup:

enjoy your new car mate colour looks great with the black grill, loved the TTS but was too tall for one so iv had my s3 for 2 months now love it audis the best!!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
If you don't mind me asking. .what was the deal you got ? Would give me a good starting point when I go on the mooch so to speak.

Hi Guys,

Just ordered an S5 in estoril blue for delivery in September.

Changing from a TTS, so a nice transition and gives me usable rear seats which I do want now.

Absolutely blown away by this car - looks, performance, sound, quality, comfort, spec ... it ticks all the boxes !

The countdown has begun and I can't wait :icon_thumright:

Very nice, love estoril as well. I bet you can't wait.

Im currently keeping my eye out for a TTS after driving one, i did consider an s5 but preferred the TTS for how it drives..

Snake, have you picked it up yet? It's decision time for me as the old one's up for sale now. Driven the new S3, & love it. also looking at a 6 month old S5 this week. Just wondered how you find it & what options are on it?

It's going to be a tough decision for me! I'm tempted to go for the S5 now & I can always trade for the S3 if I decide its not for me...

Snake, have you picked it up yet? It's decision time for me as the old one's up for sale now. Driven the new S3, & love it. also looking at a 6 month old S5 this week. Just wondered how you find it & what options are on it?

It's going to be a tough decision for me! I'm tempted to go for the S5 now & I can always trade for the S3 if I decide its not for me...

Hi mate,

Car is finally built and currently on-route to the UK, so pick up looking like 1st week November.

S3 or S5 - both great cars IMO and I would be happy with either.

S3 probably best if you do more 'spirited' driving as clearly the car is lighter and more 'chuckable'

S5 probably best if you want a step up in quality and are mainly interested in straight line speed (and owning one of the best looking coupe's on the planet).

I would have been happy with an S3, but my journey took me to the S5. Having had 2 x TT's now, I am ready for a car with a few luxuries which the S5 provides and the prospect of that awesome 3.0 litre V6 engine is very enticing. As much as I like the 2.0 litre turbo in the TTS, being back in a 6 cylinder will be nice.

Tough decision you have there.

Hi mate,

Car is finally built and currently on-route to the UK, so pick up looking like 1st week November.

S3 or S5 - both great cars IMO and I would be happy with either.

S3 probably best if you do more 'spirited' driving as clearly the car is lighter and more 'chuckable'

S5 probably best if you want a step up in quality and are mainly interested in straight line speed (and owning one of the best looking coupe's on the planet).

I would have been happy with an S3, but my journey took me to the S5. Having had 2 x TT's now, I am ready for a car with a few luxuries which the S5 provides and the prospect of that awesome 3.0 litre V6 engine is very enticing. As much as I like the 2.0 litre turbo in the TTS, being back in a 6 cylinder will be nice.

Tough decision you have there.

Tell me about it!

I do feel that the S5 is the luxury cruiser & the S3 is the B road blaster...

There's no denying the S3 sportback is by far the more practical of the two. Hopefully make my mind up this week.
The one I'm test driving has the sports diff & mag ride, so should be interesting!

;-)

PS. For anyone who's interested, I also test drove an RS3 last week, back to back with the new S3 & performance wise there's nothing in it.
As far as refinement goes though, the RS doesn't have a look in & it came right off the list for me.

Totally agree mate - they are different cars to some degree.

Of course, the S3 is a hatch and available as 3 or 5 door so that could be a big draw for you ?

Our 2nd car is a hatch so practicality is not a major issue for me (hence having a TT) but I don want usable rear seats, hence the S5 fits the bill perfectly.

Odd thing with the new S3, this is the first time, I have been drawn more to the 5 door than the 3 door ???

Always thought that 3 door hatches always look best, but with the S3 I prefer the 5 door sportback - still not sure why this is.

Old RS3 will feel dated now compared to the new S3.

Try and make the best choice "for you" as it would be easy to go for the S5 because its there and available now, which would avoid the agonising wait of possibly HALF A YEAR for a new S3. If your heart says S3 is for you, just try and stick it out. BUT if you really take to the S5 then I'm sure you would not regret it.

Totally agree mate - they are different cars to some degree.

Of course, the S3 is a hatch and available as 3 or 5 door so that could be a big draw for you ?

Our 2nd car is a hatch so practicality is not a major issue for me (hence having a TT) but I don want usable rear seats, hence the S5 fits the bill perfectly.

Odd thing with the new S3, this is the first time, I have been drawn more to the 5 door than the 3 door ???

Always thought that 3 door hatches always look best, but with the S3 I prefer the 5 door sportback - still not sure why this is.

Old RS3 will feel dated now compared to the new S3.

Try and make the best choice "for you" as it would be easy to go for the S5 because its there and available now, which would avoid the agonising wait of possibly HALF A YEAR for a new S3. If your heart says S3 is for you, just try and stick it out. BUT if you really take to the S5 then I'm sure you would not regret it.

Well, drove the S5 today, & it was nice but didn't have enough extras for me.
I've decided that seeing as this will be such an expensive car to me then it might as well be fully loaded!
I feel who ever ordered it was a bit of a driver, it had sports chassis, sports diff & all electric sports seats.
Apart from that, there was very little else, but if it had had the high tech pack I'd have had it.

I don't mind the wait, & the new S3 sportback is defo better looking than the 3 door IMHO.

Performance wise there's not much difference & the're both excellent cars.
The 5 does have a nicer note, but obviously the 3 will be more economical.

All I need to do now is decide the final spec & colour :)

I've decided that seeing as this will be such an expensive car to me then it might as well be fully loaded!
I feel who ever ordered it was a bit of a driver, it had sports chassis, sports diff & all electric sports seats.
Apart from that, there was very little else, but if it had had the high tech pack I'd have had it.

I don't mind the wait, & the new S3 sportback is defo better looking than the 3 door IMHO.

So you going S3 or S5 route ?

Either way, which colours are you drawn to ?

So you going S3 or S5 route ?

Either way, which colours are you drawn to ?

Going to take the plunge on the S3 seeing as I'm in no hurry.

Colour wise its between Estoril Blue & Monsoon Grey.

Don't see any high spec 3.0l S5 coupe's for sale, & trying to keep the budget at 40k max...

My heart was set on Estoril until I spotted a Grey Sportback in my local show room.

Pressume this was a test at Aberdeen Audi of a Monsoon Black Edition S5?

If so, was mine.
Options on the car are black edition/sports diff/dynamic steering/damper control/drive select/cruise/advance key/electric folding mirrors/dimming rear view.
Wasn't bothered by the tech pack, and you are correct the spec was to attempt to make the drive as good as it could be. I was coming out of a RS Megane, so wanted to spec things that improve the handling.

I'm chopping it in for a SB S3, which I should have in 4 weeks or so.

Graeme gave me their RS4 for a day and a half whilst I left the S5 there, so although the S5 didn't sell i had fun whilst it was in.......

Pressume this was a test at Aberdeen Audi of a Monsoon Black Edition S5?

If so, was mine.
Options on the car are black edition/sports diff/dynamic steering/damper control/drive select/cruise/advance key/electric folding mirrors/dimming rear view.
Wasn't bothered by the tech pack, and you are correct the spec was to attempt to make the drive as good as it could be. I was coming out of a RS Megane, so wanted to spec things that improve the handling.

I'm chopping it in for a SB S3, which I should have in 4 weeks or so.

Graeme gave me their RS4 for a day and a half whilst I left the S5 there, so although the S5 didn't sell i had fun whilst it was in.......

ha ha small world :)

Just ordered my a5 and sat (not so) happily waiting how long did yours take to arrive in the end?

Hi Mark,

Took delivery last week and OVER THE MOON with the car ... everything & a whole lot more I hoped it would be.
First car in years which has far exceeded my expectations and excites me every single time I get to drive it.
Everything about is superb - coming from a TTS, the handling (on regular suspension) is excellent, the performance is smile inducing (as is the sound it produces, especially in S mode), the luxury inside the car makes it feel ultra special, the super sports seats are crazily comfortable but supportive, the B&O is fantastic for a standard fit system, the colour is stunning and keeps getting positive remarks from everyone who sees it ... the list of superlatives goes on :)
Just simply a truly remarkable car, now worth every day of its long wait, which was 5 months in the end.

Hi Mark,

Took delivery last week and OVER THE MOON with the car ... everything & a whole lot more I hoped it would be.
First car in years which has far exceeded my expectations and excites me every single time I get to drive it.
Everything about is superb - coming from a TTS, the handling (on regular suspension) is excellent, the performance is smile inducing (as is the sound it produces, especially in S mode), the luxury inside the car makes it feel ultra special, the super sports seats are crazily comfortable but supportive, the B&O is fantastic for a standard fit system, the colour is stunning and keeps getting positive remarks from everyone who sees it ... the list of superlatives goes on :)
Just simply a truly remarkable car, now worth every day of its long wait, which was 5 months in the end.

Looks awesome ive gone for the Daytona Grey with Black styling and Privacy Glass - same wheels so im guessing it will look similar dealership has told be build date is last week in Jan for early March Delivery cant wait - but with sensible head on it will be new plate! Glad your happy with it and im not at all (ahem) jealous ;-)

WOW! looks amazing mate.

enjoy! i'm sure you will... ;) :D

Reactions: Snake Pliskin