How to clean inside of rear window?

A5sprint

Reaction score
This may seem like a daft question but how do you guys with an A5 coupe go about cleaning right in along the bottom of the inside of the rear window?

I had a go at this tonight for the first time since taking delivery in October, and what a pain in the a**e! My little arms were at full stretch and because I was having to wipe using the back of my fingers, I couldn't keep hold of the cloth properly.

I have owned cars for more years than I care to remember and this is the first time I've come across a problem like this. Oh to have a hatchback, or at least a removable rear parcel shelf.

I picked up a long reach handle and pad for windscreens at a QD or some shop like that. Brilliant for those hard to reach bits

You need one of these.

Most online detailing companies can supply them.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: barnzy
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have to have a look around and see what I can find.

I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering, it's gotta be one of the hardest rear screens I've ever had to clean. Any further tips?

Brilliant, thanks for that Ben, I'll get one. My clumsy flailing arms are no match for that minimal gap!

Just getting the car clean for Goodwood tomorrow so I'll mock something up for now!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500