EM TuningSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Question 2010 - A5 2.0TDI 170bhp - tuning? Easiest / best way to achieve ++++bhp

Hi.

As i'm new to Audi's, the A5 cab we are due to pick up doesn't have the pick up the Megane RS250 had, quite obviously I know.

What I'm after is some increase in BHP that it'll be noticeable thru the gears. Does anyone have a diesel tuning box fitted to their 2.0tdi 170bhp that can give it a thumbs up.
    I take it this engine is a common rail diesel???
    I'm very interested in the DTUK offer that is currently on here as they have the CRD-T unit at £359 all in, again, anyone had any experience with DTUK boxes or similar.
    Mapping is not an option as I want something that is reversible/untraceable.

All advice appreciated, cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status

2010 - A5 2.0TDI 170bhp - tuning? Easiest / best way to achieve ++++bhp

Is your car manual or DSG? And have you seen the rolling road graphs from our own 2.0 170?

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Andrew.
    I was actually part way thru an email to you today with various questions then opted to ask a few basic ones on here.
    It's a manual BTW.
    How do I find the RR results, had a quick look earlier but could only see a couple of Vauxhall ones.

Status

In using my Iphone at present but im sure I posted the 2,0 TDI RR Graph in the DTUK sub forum

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Ahh, yeah, saw the Leon graph and thought that must be the same lump as the Audi.
    Is the CRD-T box adjustable or is it just plug n go to achieve 210bhp?
    How easy is it to fit to the A5 2.0tdi? I'm quite mechanically minded but until I lift the engine cover I wouldn't like to say how confident I'd be to fit it.
    Looks straight forward enough though.

Neutral

Status
    Hi we do a Plug&Play tuning box for the Audi A5s, We ahave fitted many systems to these and the VW variants with very good results. My colleague also runs an Audi A5 with one of our tuning boxes and absolutely loves it. Have a look at our testemonials on Diesel Tuning | Diesel Tuning Box as we have some for that vehicle.

Our system is sold at £289.99 inc Vat, 3 year warranty and 14 day money back guarantee.

CRTD2 Diesel Tuning Box - Audi A5 2.0 TDI 168 Bhp / 170 PS / 125 Kw
    Last edited by TDI-Tuning; 27th March 2013 at 12:56.

Contact us on - 01245 924 400
    Email us - sales@tdi-tuning.co.uk
    Website - www.tdi-tuning.co.uk
    For special offers, updates and information; like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/tdituning
    10% discount for Audi-Sport members using discount code - ASN1

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
    Ahh, yeah, saw the Leon graph and thought that must be the same lump as the Audi.
    Is the CRD-T box adjustable or is it just plug n go to achieve 210bhp?
    How easy is it to fit to the A5 2.0tdi? I'm quite mechanically minded but until I lift the engine cover I wouldn't like to say how confident I'd be to fit it.
    Looks straight forward enough though.
    The CRD-T is full adjustable, and connects to the common rail plus boost sensor allowing us to produce a really smooth curve, as the rolling road graph shows

Its not the cheapest kit on the market, but thats not what we're about and have worked alongside one of Germanys most respected tuners for nearly 8 years.

There's plenty of rubbish out there to choose from as youve probably seen on the web, like remaps there are good and bad boxes. My advice to customers is to always ask the the tuning box seller or remapper who and where their tuning boxes/remaps are being manufactured/written as there is a lot of tuning boxes coming in from Europe, being rebadged and when you look into things the same boxes can be purchased direct from the manufacturer for about £90.00..

Anyway regarding installation, ive uploaded the fitting instructions for the 2.0TDI inline configuration which are available to download from this link

VAG_2.0_TDI_INLINE.pdf

Neutral

Status
    Yea I agree that you should always research the companies before hand as there is a few copies and less than reputable companies on the market.
    Last edited by TDI-Tuning; 27th March 2013 at 13:32.

For special offers, updates and information; like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/tdituning

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers lads for the recommendations. I'm swayed towards the CRD-T kit as it factors in the boost sensor also. I've seen numerous kits at around the £69-£129 mark, I dismissed these straight away. Cheap they may be, but quality is what i'm after. I'd chance a cheap kit on an old 'smoker' but not on our current car. Thanks again lads.

Neutral

Status
    No prob any questions feel free to contact us

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
    Cheers lads for the recommendations. I'm swayed towards the CRD-T kit as it factors in the boost sensor also. I've seen numerous kits at around the £69-£129 mark, I dismissed these straight away. Cheap they may be, but quality is what i'm after. I'd chance a cheap kit on an old 'smoker' but not on our current car. Thanks again lads.
    You welcome,

if you dont catch me on the online chat, my out of hours mobile number is on site for any questions you may have, and more than anything..

Enjoy your new car