Adding an Oil Dipstick to an Audi A5?

Laz

Reaction score
I've read about it on some forums and I don't like relying on the MMI. Just yesterday I had an oil light warning so I added 500ml of oil and also had a 'health inspection' from Audi the next day. They told me the car's oil was full, but I didn't see how that was possible since the light came up and I only added 500ml of oil. I got home and my oil level was reading 'ok', so really, either Audi mehanics don't know how to correctly read gauges or this MMI oil reading thing is a load of garbage.

I wanted to know if it's possible to install one. I heard that this is the Oil Dipstick's number: '06J 115 611 E' but just wanted to clarify if you can and if it's the correct one. Also, I wanted to know if there's any UK sellers that may sell this part.

Many thanks.

That's the number
Get it from Audi or TPS

Thanks Bez, going to order it from TPS. They quoted a price of £15 which sounds good.

I did this on my 2010 S4....well worth it.

For your own piece of mind, just check that when you fit the dipstick and the MMI level says full, it reads as 'max' on the dipstick....then you just forget about the MMI and measure it the old fashioned way..:thumbsup:

Good stuff. Just wanted to confirm, TPS said that they don't think this part is for Audi A5's. Is it definitely the correct item number?

Good stuff. Just wanted to confirm, TPS said that they don't think this part is for Audi A5's. Is it definitely the correct item number?
This was the first hing I did on my A5, went to Audi and said I want a dipstick for a 2007 A5. They ordered it in and 3 days later I fitted it. Not sure of the part number now, but ask at Audi to confirm the number.