EM TuningAH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

A5 Cabriolet Start Stop Broken.

Hello,
    My Wife's 59 January 2010 Audi A5 Cabriolet 2.0 Tdi S-Line has got a small problem, ever since we have had it the Start Stop Has worked perfectly fine up until a couple of months ago, The Start Stop will just simply not work, if the engine is warm or cold the temperature inside the car temperature outside the car I have tested everything and it will not work, But about 3 times in 3 Months a Battery Warning has popped up on the dash and ever since the Start Stop has not worked, so i have gave it a good run out and a blast and it is still not working the Car is used Monday to Thursday 20 Miles Everyday and on a Friday 40 Miles and 20 Miles on a Saturday so it does enough miles to charge the battery, It has only done 23,500 Miles and the Start Stop will simply not work
    I am going to give Audi a ring tomorrow and get them to get it sorted, But i highly suspect it is the battery, Does the Battery have any kind of warranty ?
    Has anybody else ever experienced anything like this ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 17th September 2012 at 07:37.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

A5 Cabriolet Start Stop Broken.

As long as the car has under 60k miles it still be under warranty.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    The start stop system works inconjuction with the battery intelligent module afaik, so maybe this has an issue, I would get it scanned to see if it shows an errors 1st.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks for your inputs , i will leave it to Audi as it is still under warranty, there problem.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html

6th Gear

Status
    Car went back on Wednesday and they have rang me up today to say that the boot had a leak and the water leaked onto the management system of the Start Stop System, they have ordered a new part which will arrive on monday and then hopefully it will be repaired.

6th Gear

Status
    The part took a while to come as it was on back order and they have fitted the part. There was a leak in seal on the hood or something which water leaked through onto the electrics of the start stop and broke it.
    I got the car back today (late) when they was dropping the car off in the morning back to me the rear left tyre had a puncture and got shredded on the motorway which nearly damaged the wheel, the car was took back to audi and the tyre has now been replaced with a brand new one.
    Audi have had the rear seats folded down to do the job and the seats have been leaning against the seatbelt catch which have dented the leather in the seat,
    When you go into the boot on the left hand side when you open the panel there are some electrics, i opened it to have a look when audi drove off to find it soaking wet and full with little stones from the road ?
    also at the bottom of the well of the spare wheel well it is wet ? A wooden hammer has been left in the boot aswell ?
    The side skirt was loose so i told them to add that to the job list and it has been repaired.
    Both of my cars have came back immaculately clean though and half a tank of fuel in my red one free of charge.

Read my story of the red dynamik.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4...yet-again.html