Panther Black RS5, more pics

Horus

Reaction score
Had a few requests for some more pics, so here goes... :) Full spec is on my post in the Welcome section.
These were taken just after it came off the transporter at the dealership. Happy days...was sooooo excited to see it after almost 6months of waiting since putting the order in.

I then had the car lowloaded direct from the dealers to Paintshield for detailing and a complete covering of X-pel Ultimate, a self healing paint protection film. Its awesome stuff. The detailer took a few pics for me

And a couple more pics from Paintshield and just after getting it home for the first time
p1000084small.jpg

p1000090small.jpg

p1000088small.jpg

p1000097small.jpg

p1000095small.jpg

p1000101small.jpg

p1000102small.jpg

p1000099small.jpg

p1000100small.jpg

p1000104small.jpg

Last edited:
And after the first time I had a chance to detail it myself and apply a couple coats of Swissvax best of show.
The crystal effect in the paint is really hard to capture with a camera, but with the naked eye it looks great. The car looks jet black until the sun comes out and then it really comes alive, lots of different colours depending on the angle the light hits it.

p1000151small.jpg

p1000189small.jpg

p1000193small.jpg

p1000152small.jpg

p1000143small.jpg

p1000159small.jpg

p1000168small.jpg

p1000169small.jpg

p1000179small.jpg

These were taken just after getting the HRE alloys fitted at Projex :)
img4255g.jpg

img4257p.jpg

img4259bi.jpg

img4261f.jpg

In honour of my new alloys and Capristo exhaust I had it detailed by Harvey of Smartshine.

A few before shots
p1000203small.jpg

p1000205smalll.jpg

p1000204small.jpg

And after

p1000210small.jpg

p1000207small.jpg

p1000208smallb.jpg

p1000213small.jpg

p1000211small.jpg

Last edited:
And lastly, a couple from AITP :)

Reactions: BigWillyStyle
You weren't out on the M6 doing 180mph the other night were you ;-) LINKY

My absolute favourite car of the moment, and the car I'd buy tomorrow even if I had a Euro Lottery win! Stunning.

Oh, small update, I just ordered a personal plate....first one ever for me but thought the car deserved it

V800 RSS

:)

You weren't out on the M6 doing 180mph the other night were you ;-) LINKY

My absolute favourite car of the moment, and the car I'd buy tomorrow even if I had a Euro Lottery win! Stunning.

Oh, so thats who was holding me up, I wondered why he was going so slowly.......hehe

Cheers Warren, very kind of you to say so :)

ohhh myyy, Absolutely stunning mate !
I think it would look even better if you could change the centre wheel caps to some Audi ones.
It is similar to the one Warren_s3 mentioned at 180 Mph !!
180mph getaway raider Ben Westwood jailed for nine years - Mirror Online
I saw Jardine Motors on the Registation, Which garage was it from in the jardine group ?
Good luck with your new registatrion, have you seen the 3d carbon domed ones, I have them on my car but you cant tell much on the pictures but they really do stand out well in the flesh and they are fully legal have a look at this website.
Shopping Basket | Number Plates
Are you planning on any modifications ?

Cheers Dynamik :)

Sorry for the late reply, been on holiday in the Ukraine (damn nice place btw).

I had to choose between HRE caps or Audi ones when i ordered the wheels. They are made for one or the other, you can't swap once chosen. Went with HRE as they are metal and not plastic like Audi's. Was a bit dubious about the white/red on an all black car but as they so small its not a problem imo.

I got it from Hitchin Audi, I used to live there so built up a good relationship with them with my previous S5.

I was looking at demon plates already :) Was thinking about the Domed Black ones rather than the Carbon, as the gloss would match the paint.

Re mods, I have a Capristo exhaust and the HRE alloys, plus a complete covering of xpel ultimate PPF. Also swapped out the interior lights to white LEDs and fitted RSQuattro air filters. Wanted to get it lowered but can't find any springs that are compatible with the dynamic ride control, so that will have to wait. Can't really think of anyother mods that are needed, but will keep my eyes open hehe.

Last edited:
Horus,

Do you not find it odd that you are detailing the plastic film rather than the actual paintwork? Does the protective wrap not detract from the quality of the paint finish?

Can I also ask how much it cost to wrap the whole car? pm if you like.

I had a protective clear wrap put on the front of my gtr from the A-pillar forwards, but it's nothing like as good a product as the self healing wrap you have there. I've seen the you tube clips and am thoroughly impressed. Just contemplating if it's worth it.

Hi Adamantium

I couldnt be happier with the xpel ultimate. I was worried that the film would detract from the appearance/shine of the paint before I had it put on, especially since panther black has a crystal effect. But I needed have been concerned...unlike other PPFs it has a .5mm layer of clear coat on the top - so it really doesnt mar it at all. Its a bit weird applying detailing the film rather than the paint, but the knowledge that underneath its still as good as it was when it came from the factory is great.

After 5000 miles of driving I still have zero stone chips. Did get one at the front but a week later it had healed itself and disappeared :) Plus I will never get any swirl marks...I am always very careful when washing anyways but I know if i do get any they will self heal. On a black car that is invaluable imho.

It is a full wrap, but there are some edges in unavoidable places. You just have to be careful applying wax near the edges as its easy to build up a layer at the edge, leaving a white line. Normally the edges are practically invisible, I always have to point them out to people to get them to believe it has film on it.

Will PM you the prices I was quoted, I cant recommend the stuff highly enough :)

Feel free to ask if you need to know anything else. Re the original alloys, sorry am keeping them in case I need some winter tyres.

Horus,

Do you not find it odd that you are detailing the plastic film rather than the actual paintwork? Does the protective wrap not detract from the quality of the paint finish?

Can I also ask how much it cost to wrap the whole car? pm if you like.

I had a protective clear wrap put on the front of my gtr from the A-pillar forwards, but it's nothing like as good a product as the self healing wrap you have there. I've seen the you tube clips and am thoroughly impressed. Just contemplating if it's worth it.

amazing car, would love to own one of these.

Does anyone else think from the some of the pannel shots it looks abit like a Dodge charger SRT8?