Glacier White or Ibis White?

alfiejts

Reaction score
Sorry, I know its personal taste, but does anyone have an opinion on pearlescent glacier white compared to the flat Ibis white?

Trying to choose a colour to order next week.

The Ibis white looked a lot flatter whereas the Glacier white had a lovely depth of reflection - but perhaps that's because it was a clearcoat and the Ibis in the dealership wouldn't have been poloshed properly yet.

Has anyone any experience of the depth of shine you can get on the flat Ibis white or is it better forking out £600 for the clearcoat Glacier white?

I have, in Beckenham about a month ago. The glacier is deeper, and IMO it is a better colour. The IBIS is fairly flat even when prepared. Not that dealers prepare cars very well lol. I'm not sure if you've seen Suzuka grey but glacier would be the inbetween. Do I think the difference between them is worth £600? From what I saw, no.

Found a pic:
019.jpg

I don't remember the difference being this stark although it was an overcast day on the forecourt.

Having seen both yesterday at my local dealers, without a shadow of a doubt Glacier.I like ibis dont get me wrong, but glacier has depth whilst ibis is obviously flat.Its a shame though that audi paint is shyte in that almost every panel suffers from orange peel.If i was to make this decision i would have to weigh up whether i could use the extra £600 to get the ibis flatted to get rid of the peel.Another plus about white is that on the new facelifts to the range (only seen the a4) is that it is outstanding visually esp with the black pack.Makes the car from the front seem low wide and aggressive.Every other colour looks terrible...even my beloved phantom as it turns the a4 into a mondeo.just my pennys worth!

I actually went to the Audi in croydon and Beckenham this weekend, i currently own an ibis TT, And defo think i will be moving to the a5 in glacier. cant wait to get back from my holiday and get to Audi to order one :racer:

Having had the ibis A3 now ordered the ibis A5 I prefer the ibis obviously, the only down side I think is the stone chips that you'll get either way. Ibis stands out much more for me on the black edition cars it's a no brainer. Nice thread though.