Audi S5 Nav Unit

ChrisNI

Reaction score
Ive been browsing on the web for the last few days for various parts etc for the S5. Im hopefully, once my 350z is sold, buying an S5.

So have a few questions:

- Can you retrofit Sat Nav/Entertainment unit into an S5 that doesnt have the Nav setup?

If so what all do you need. I believe the car has the entertainment side of it just not the nav. Not a pixelated screen, has the more defination unit.

Is there any after market unit you can fit such as the dynavin kit?

Im just curious as ideally I wanted the nav setup :(

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to ASN. Nigel, user (NHN) supplies and fits most things, he will probably be along shortly. He will be able to help you out.
Enjoy the forum.

No problem. Im sure Nigel will be along soon. He is a busy guy.

If your car has the basic Concert or Symphony radio then upgrade to NAV is a complicated affair.

You need to replace everything in the entertainment system with MMI (MOST or Fiber optic parts). So can gateway/radio/phone/Ipod/screen/amp (possibly) out and new can gateway/radio/screen (and surround) /Nav/Ipod/controls/amp (possibly) installed and the car rewired for MOST. Some other switches etc need to be relocated and then the whole system programmed and unlocked.

Budget between £2000 to £3000 depending on which system you go for (LOW or HIGH) and which options you want with it.