Audi a5 cabriolet clutch judder

Audi Dynamik

Reaction score
Hello,
i own an ibis white Audi a5 convertible 2.0 tdi s line manual, it is a 59 reg with only 17k miles on the clock i have owned it since brand new, ever since i have had the car when it has been left over night and started up in the morning and you accelerate when the car is cold the clutch judders very badly, but after a while the car warms up and it does not judder, an Audi technician picked it up from my house yesterday morning to experience the problem for himself and took it to Blackburn Audi ( 25 miles away from where i live) to sort this problem out, the car came back today and the technician said there is nothing wrong with the car but i am not convinced how could a a £40000 top notch German quality car ride round with a juddering clutch?? a few weeks ago i asked a salesman at Blackburn Audi if it was normal for the clutch to judder he said it is not normal and you should get it booked in straight away but the technician thinks everything is fine ( at least i got a free valet anyway :p), has anybody else had this problem and has it been fixed ?
my wife also has an Audi a4 2.0 tfsi 211 bhp 2011 reg and the steering on the a5 compared to the a4 is very heavy rubber and numb?

Thanks very much :)

Yesterday the technician said their was nothing wrong with the car, however he did a software update on it on the ecu and there is no clutch judder anymore :)

sorry for bringing back old thread, did this ever return? Mine has just started doing it in the last couple of days, I have same engine, same car, same trim!

It returns every now and then when it decides it wants to but not as bad as it was before.