Audi A5 Sport - £16000 budget

golf kid

Reaction score
Hi,

I sold my Audi A4 cab a few months ago and settled on an Audi A5 as its replacement.(Although flirted with the idea of Land Rover Defender at one point!)

I do very limited miles so its a weekend toy really. I have a maximum budget of about £16000 which is fairly near the bottom of the market for these I know.

I have looked on Autotrader and the usual places and found some nice 1.8t Sports with reasonable miles and spec, so confident I will find one soon. Preferably black/grey with black interior.

Does anyone have any suggestions for specific things to look out for when buying these?
What is the difference between standard and sport on the early models?(I know springs/wheels/seats. Anything else?)
Does anyone have one for sale or know of one which is a good buy?

Thanks for your help, hopefully be posting some A5 pics soon:)

I have a 1.8TFSI in my A3 if its mainly for a weekend toy defo defo go for maybe a bigger engine. The 1.8TFSI does pack punch but in a heavier large chassis i would maybe opt for a 2.0TFSI, Mind you a remap on a 1.8TFSI bring you into the 200bhp bracket so its up to you.

Also go for a sport a nice weekend toy will be better specced out

Ok - well I didnt really stick to the budget
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

Its a 2008 1.8t Sport. Metalic black (diamond black is it?) Black leather interior. 19 inch Y-spokes. Its has climate control, hill hold, heated seats, auto lights and wipers, voice activated bluetooth and the usual stuff. I am not sure how much of that is option vs standard as I cant find the details for standard equipment on a 2008 Sport.

It is in stunning condition and a real testament to the previous owner, and was one of the big reasons I purchased it. So far I have cleaned, clayed, polished and sealed the car. I got some mats, a keyring and tax disc holder from my local dealer all fitted.
It will probably stay pretty standard for the time being, however I am considering retrofiting DRLs in the future and maybe a Revo or APR remap. (Importing some HREs is also an idea burning in the back of my mind!)

I have a few questions.....
It has the standard concert stereo with the SD slot and Aux input in the arm rest. I was wondering what options are available for ipod connectivity? I have seen reference to AMI which seems incredibly expensive. The previous owner said Audi do a Ipod wire which connects to the Aux in the arm rest.

I have read that some hidden options can be changed through the car without Vag-com, is there a definitive list of these and easy to follow instructions. Is there any cool vag-com mods which can be done?