Differences between Spot and S-Line

smudge_don

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just been looking on Autotrader, Pistonheads etc as i'm still looking at the possibility of getting an A5 one day

One thing i can't seem to work out is the difference between the Sport and the S-Line models

I'm looking at the 3.0TDI engine and the specs seems pretty much the same

Can anyone enlighten me?

They present this quite nicely in the brochures- which you can view PDFs of on the Audi website.

Here you go - pages 16 and 17.

At a quick glance of S Line over Sport its;
- S Line sport suspension
- Black headlining
- Nicer inlays
- Perforated leather gearstick
- Perforated leather steering wheel
- Milano leather sport seats as standard
- S Line door trim
- Sportier bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts
- LED rear lights
- Xenon headlights with LED DRLs
- Optional silver stitching on upholstery
- And ofcourse (love that they list this as a feature :p) S Line badges

As far as I remember, when ordering a new car the trim upgrade is cheaper than the Xenon lamps alone, so it's a no brainer if you're going to get that anyway. The Black Edition is a less dramatic upgrade from S Line, but it really depends on the equipment you'd otherwise pay for and whether that totals as more expensive than the package.

Hope that helps! :)

Cheers Ben

I'm looking 2nd hand anyway, can't justify the price of a new one

All the pictures look exactly the same from the ones i've been looking at :laugh:

Ah, different story then! It might depend on the year but ultimately you will probably get a better deal on a second hand sport- with enough of a difference to add stuff yourself later if you want.

The biggest difference is the headlamps as its possible to get a Sport without Xenon/LED... where as S-Line has them as standard. If you can get a Sport with Xenon/LED headlamps, then you're set! ;)

Ah, different story then! It might depend on the year but ultimately you will probably get a better deal on a second hand sport- with enough of a difference to add stuff yourself later if you want.

The biggest difference is the headlamps as its possible to get a Sport without Xenon/LED... where as S-Line has them as standard. If you can get a Sport with Xenon/LED headlamps, then you're set! ;)

Xenon is top priority, can't go back to standard halogen

As long as it's low-ish mileage, has the 19" or bigger wheels, leather, DSG, satnav, xenons and is white, then i'm set :laugh:

Something like this would do nicely

2008 AUDI A5 3.0 V6 TDI QUATTRO SPORT COUPE TIP AUTO NAVIGATION

IF YOUWANT XENON THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY S LINE AS SPORT DONT COME WITH THEM AND YOU CANT GET THEM AS AN ADD ON BECAUSE THE LOOM WIRRING DONT CATER FOR IT

ive an A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport and its fully kitted out..full sports leather electric seats with 2 driver settings. B&O sound system. freeview tv, DAB, sat nav. ipod connection, bluetooth fone setup, voice operated. xenon lights with l.e.d's. i bought a sline front bumper and side blades and a genuine set of 20" rs4 alloys, saved £6k over an sline and prob couldnt get all that spec! it also has full miltek system and upgraded springs! electric folding mirrors. i personally love it ;-)

They present this quite nicely in the brochures- which you can view PDFs of on the Audi website.

Here you go - pages 16 and 17.

At a quick glance of S Line over Sport its;
- S Line sport suspension
- Black headlining
- Nicer inlays
- Perforated leather gearstick
- Perforated leather steering wheel
- Milano leather sport seats as standard
- S Line door trim
- Sportier bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts
- LED rear lights
- Xenon headlights with LED DRLs
- Optional silver stitching on upholstery
- And ofcourse (love that they list this as a feature :p) S Line badges

As far as I remember, when ordering a new car the trim upgrade is cheaper than the Xenon lamps alone, so it's a no brainer if you're going to get that anyway. The Black Edition is a less dramatic upgrade from S Line, but it really depends on the equipment you'd otherwise pay for and whether that totals as more expensive than the package.

Hope that helps! :)

The Sline lowered suspension is optional on the facelift. Was it standard on the previous shape?

ive an A5 3.0 tdi quattro sport and its fully kitted out..full sports leather electric seats with 2 driver settings. B&O sound system. freeview tv, DAB, sat nav. ipod connection, bluetooth fone setup, voice operated. xenon lights with l.e.d's. i bought a sline front bumper and side blades and a genuine set of 20" rs4 alloys, saved £6k over an sline and prob couldnt get all that spec! it also has full miltek system and upgraded springs! electric folding mirrors. i personally love it ;-)

I'd love to see some pictures!