Hi just a little advice please

marnie2k

Reaction score
Hi guys i am new to the a5 section but i need some help. I am an audi head so i know a little bit but here we go. Picked up my new a5 on thursday (audi a5 sline 2.7 tdi 2009) and been spot on since until i drove home and tried to use the MMI (i have every option, MMI high, bluetooth, cd changer etc.) it wouldnt work .... what i mean i reversed out of the gates at work and the screen just frooze on the parktroic screen even when i was on the motorway just still the same and no other buttons will work or nothing. So this stage im fuming and i just got home left it bout 30 min and gone back out and it is fine? has anyone ideas please? i know its under warranty but just curious thanks marnie

can you post up the sw version of the mmi, if the train version is below 31 then it needs updating for this issue to prevent the screen going blank or locking on the current screen

Last edited:
i dont know what that means "a8 tech"
it just froze on the parkin aid screen even when i was driving home on the motorway .... and i could not select anything even when the "parking" button was turned off the screen was still on ...

select car, setup and then scroll till you find the sw version information

this will show you the current mmi software version and nav version also.

you can dump a screen picture to sd card and post up or take a photo and post up

Failing this take it to your dealer and they will look at it and hopefully its just the software fix for this bug

well it seems fine now so i will see how she goes and if any problems i will give u a houst but i will get the software version for you tommoz "a8 tech" and you can advise me

thank you :)

Happens to me occasionally too, basically it just crashes. Pull over and restart the car and it tends to work fine again

Mmh, as A8 Tech said- there was an update in April that addressed overheating and freezing (primarily for the Cabrio- the only model that an urgent bulletin was issued for- but this update can be applied to all models).

Press 'Car' then 'Setup', and scroll down until you see software version. You'll get a screen that says your software version and your navigation version- get a picture of this if you want us to let you know whether this update is applicable to you (but, if you haven't had an update in 6 months then you won't have it).

New cars will have had this on PDI from early April onwards.