Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: REMAPPED A5 3.0 TDI vs STOCK S5?????

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    The Shark remap for an A5 3.0 TDI Quattro takes it up to around 280bhp for just under £500. Its not a straight forward remap though. Its a bench remap where the ECU has to be removed so takes a little bit longer than just plugging into the OBD II port.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    3.0tdi is the way to go, shame they dont use the 4.2 TDI out of our Q7 in an A5, its quick when it is remapped and gets reasonable fuel economy, looking to replace my 2.0TQ with one. Dad is currently running a 2012 A8 3.0 TDI, its wicked, still wont stick with his old S5 sportback tuned my MTM. The new 3.0 twin turbo should be interesting.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI

jey
    1st Gear

Status
    Ive a 3.0tdi quattro unmapped, milltek but makes no difference really.. my mate has a 3.0tdi quattro sportback 2011 with milltek remap and dpf removed and is putting out 320bhp and 600nm torque..

He likes to race everything lol he has left a wrx sti for dust, an s3, left it by 4 car lengths then the s3 sat that distance behind unable to close the gap. and its was mapped, the guy was shocked his a5 was diesel.

The thing hits a ton in the blink of an eye...
    Audi A5 Sport With Full Sline Kit, Milltek Full System, ITG Filter, 20" Wheels, Sat Nav, DAB, TV, All Voice Controlled, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dim Mirrors, Ipod Connection, Bluetooth, Car Phone, Electric Leather Memory Seats. B&O Sound System.

4th Gear

Status
    I can vouch for my 3.0Tdi B8 A4 with a DTUK box (on low setting) keeping up with a '12 Shark stage 1 remapped S3... Any car with a sub six second 0-62mph I generally consider fairly fast to be honest. Especially when it weighs in at about 1.7 tonnes!

I can easily get 40+ mpg on the dual carriageway which makes the power and torque that much sweeter.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jey View Post
    Ive a 3.0tdi quattro unmapped, milltek but makes no difference really.. my mate has a 3.0tdi quattro sportback 2011 with milltek remap and dpf removed and is putting out 320bhp and 600nm torque..

He likes to race everything lol he has left a wrx sti for dust, an s3, left it by 4 car lengths then the s3 sat that distance behind unable to close the gap. and its was mapped, the guy was shocked his a5 was diesel.

The thing hits a ton in the blink of an eye...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    I can vouch for my 3.0Tdi B8 A4 with a DTUK box (on low setting) keeping up with a '12 Shark stage 1 remapped S3... Any car with a sub six second 0-62mph I generally consider fairly fast to be honest. Especially when it weighs in at about 1.7 tonnes!

I can easily get 40+ mpg on the dual carriageway which makes the power and torque that much sweeter.
    I currently have an S3 stage 1 and have ordered an A5 3.0TDi so that is music to my ears lol! Really looking forward to good power AND and good MPG!!
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Starting to sound more & more tempting all the time...

I had made my mind up 90% to go for the S5 as i do around 5k miles a year, but it does sound as if the oil burner is winning...
    Anyone know how the handling compares on the two?
    ...... Waiting Paitently...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3quatt View Post

I had made my mind up 90% to go for the S5 as i do around 5k miles a year, but it does sound as if the oil burner is winning...
    I didn't find them hugely different, but then I don't tend to like Audi suspension as a general rule and change it. I've driven an S5 with coilies and a rear ARB upgrade (and sway bars) and it felt significantly better than OEM. It's a big car and feels a touch lacking in precision without the upgrades.

3rd Gear

Status
    Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
    Perhaps something to think about - how would a 3.0 s/c S5 stack up? Considering it maps to 400+. May have price implications for the coupé though as it wasn't available until later.
    B8 S4 Avant in Misano Red with some lovely toys!
    Prev: B6 A4 Saloon 1.9 TDI quattro Sport - great car.

Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Status
    Yeah, been looking at the 3.0 S5 too, but cant justify the cost at the moment...
    Ideally I'd like to mothball the S3 & get a S5 / A5 to see if i could live with it for a year, bear in mind I'm looking for something which will still make me smile every time i drive it...
    I've had the S3 for 6 years now & there's a reason for that! Longest I've held on to any car...
    ...... Waiting Paitently...

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3quatt View Post

To be honest if I did about 5k miles a year I would have gone for the S5 as it comes with a bit more kit as standard so works out cheaper to lease, but I do over 20k miles a year so unfortunately doesn't work for me. My plan is though have the A5 for 4 years and hope by then there is a new RS3!
    Now - On the hunt for a new Audi!
    Gone - A5 Sportback S-line 3.0TDi quattro s-tronic
    Sadly gone - Ibis White S3 Sportback Black Edition
    Previous:
    '57 - Astra Sri Sport Hatch
    '95 - Celica GT4
    '54 - Astra Coupe Turbo
    '51 - Astra Sxi

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    I didn't find them hugely different, but then I don't tend to like Audi suspension as a general rule and change it. I've driven an S5 with coilies and a rear ARB upgrade (and sway bars) and it felt significantly better than OEM. It's a big car and feels a touch lacking in precision without the upgrades.
    Couldn't agree more, i upgraded my ARB for an RS4 bar and dropped mine 10mm on Eibach springs and feels much better.

Although wish i had gone for the collies now as its a little bouncy sometimes.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12