delivery times

warnergb7

Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience of delivery times? I ordered 6th December and was told week 9 build, delivery mid to end March I think. Basically, I am impatient and really hoping it turns up sooner. Is that wishful thinking??!

oh, its the S5 Sportback I forgot to add but imagine its a similar scenarios for all A5s if not all audis...

Ordered my A5SB early October 2010 - dealer said a 4-5 month waiting list (usual sales patter!?). Although not exactly sure when the order actually goes off. It was due in this week, prepped ready for a 1st March collection. Dealer said they had been experiencing delays with transportation from Germany otherwise would have been in a couple of weeks ago.

Hope yours ain't too much longer!

ps, did you get a good deal? With me they discounted the original (pre-vat increase) price by about £2.5k to match the best internet broker quote I found, but then factored back in the vat at 20%. Don't know if that was a god deal or just average?

so I rang the dealer today and apparently its built and about to be loaded onto the ship. Should be here in two weeks, maybe three. You would have thought the dealer would have rung me with that bit of news but nope. So assuming first week of March it will be almost exactly 3 months which has felt a long time but I guess might not be having seen what others have waited

On the discount, I got about £3,300 off which is about 7.5% I think

Hi Guys, I ordered my A5 Sportback on the 20th December 2010. Was told that the build would be Week 10 of 2011 (sometime in march) for delievry mid april. I had one email in January from the sales rep i dealt with and he said that the build has not yet been confirmed and that he cant give me an exact delivery date yet but he will let me know when he hears anything. I was a bit impatient today (18th Feb) and decided to email him asking for an update on the situation but have had no reply :(

audi dealership e-mailed me yesterday (friday) to say that they have ordered the car through to the factory - still waiting on build date? although cant be waiting long for a build date. They also asked who the registered keeper would be and the address of registered keeper only ordered the car 2 weeks ago myself

I've had some good-ish news. I rang the dealership after I had emailed the sales rep to ask if he had any updates on the build confirmation (he didnt reply to that). When I rang, I spoke to the guy who said that they had been "Really busy due to the new no plate coming out". Anyway. He said that the build has still not been confirmed but it probably will be with me in mid-end of april.... A couple of days later, I get a phone call and he says to me that he has good news and the car might even be with me by the end of the month. Although he did say I can't guarentee this but I just wanted to forwarn you...

i picked my S5 sportback up on Friday and all I can say is that its been worth the wait. The thing is amazing.

I'm got 14mpg on my commute into London but its horrible traffic and so I'm OK with that. the 2.0 tdi A6 used to get about 16.... Went for a play on Sunday and got about 22 mpg drivign around town and then out onto the motorways.

Only problem with this car is just so quick! How you are supposed to run it in and use the rev range I don't know. Try doing that in central London - you barely touch the pedal and I'm past 40....

Just fantasic basically.

spoke to salesman today about an update car gets built around 11th july so get to dealership mid august, after the long wait already i might as well get it 1st september on new plate.

IF thats a fixed build date