A5 with a 3.0TDI engine

smudge_don

Reaction score
Hey guys

Really wanting an A5 for my next car in a year or so, and was wondering what people's thoughts and opinions on the 3.0TDI lump were in the A5?

Any common problems with the engine or the A5 itself? Anything to be aware of?

Cheers :)

After watching the local coppers literally take off in their 3.0 TDI A6 Avant I have a new found respect for this engine, very impressed. All most felt like having a chat with them about it.... almost

After watching the local coppers literally take off in their 3.0 TDI A6 Avant I have a new found respect for this engine, very impressed. All most felt like having a chat with them about it.... almost

Never worth having a chat with the feds

They'll just take offence to something and arrest you

I've driven the 2.7TDI before and that was a great engine, so i can only imagine that the 3.0TDI is even better

funny this, just today started to sell myself into this idea......quick car with 500 nm of torque as standard!! low emissions...tyres are the only big expense that i can see so far - £265 each for 19" Rosso's

Plus a remap would take it to around 290bhp with about 550nm torque!!! PFFFFFTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Me want!!!

funny this, just today started to sell myself into this idea......quick car with 500 nm of torque as standard!! low emissions...tyres are the only big expense that i can see so far - £265 each for 19" Rosso's

Think you are right mate....I might have to get one of these instead..........? But all the ones that are reasonably priced are high mileage ones.

How does this compare remapped to a standard S5?

I own an A5 w/ 3.0 diesel. Only mods are a K&N filter which was a superb upgrade. It increased mileage and performance quite substantially. The low rpm torque is very close to that of an RS5. It does not even remotely compare once the revs take over in the RS5. The A5 has been a superb car and I have found the engine to be very strong and reliable.

slightly off topic but where did you get your k&n from as trying to find one for my 3.0tdi a6 and cant find one, even on their own website.