K-seal

griswold

Reaction score
Have a small leak at the top right hand corner of my rad just some coolant residue i noticed when i changed the clips on the oil cooler which had the same residue around
only losing a small amout so was told to get some k seal?
Anyone used it?

I would only use that cr@p, if I needed a quick fix just to sell the car (or get me home). Otherwise I would look for a new/used rad on ebay or your local breakers.

Had a look for a new rad about £40 for a cheap new one so not too bad but thought about a quick fix till i have the time to do it myself or get it done for me.
seems to get mixed reviews?
Could it clog the heater matrix?
Read somthing about that

I have yet to find conclusive proof that it actually does anything at all. Certainly didn't do anything other than leave a copper coloured mess in the expansion bottle when I tried it. I don't think it's designed to work on rads anyway is it? :unsure:

A bottle of K Seal will cost about £15 delivered. You say a new rad will cost about £40? and maybe an hour to fit. Only one choice for me.:beerchug:

just carry a big bottle of water in your car until you have a radiator and time.

water is free, it is not like you are going to freeze anytime soon so diluting it won't matter

You'll just knack the rest of your system putting K-seal in. Be ready to de-gunk your heater matrix, thermostat, header tank and possibly replace your temp sensor.

I would only use that cr@p, if I needed a quick fix just to sell the car (or get me home). Otherwise I would look for a new/used rad on ebay or your local breakers.

what he said. the stuff makes a MESS of your cooling system

A V O I D unless you hate the car, hate your life, hate everything

I bought a cheap brand new one from eBay for around £40 delivered. Build quality is excellent, highly recommended.

will get a rad from ebay just will not have time to fit for a couple of weeks
with the amount of water thats leaking that wont be a problem
i put an extra clip on oil cooler pipe so thats stopped leaking now
My friend is back in work(audi) tomorrow so i will get him to give me the part number for my rad so i can cross ref.
and make sure i get the right one.