Control Arm sets

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm looking for a complete control arm set, for a A4 a saloon 1.8 ADR. I had a quick search on ebay but I can only find the junk that fails after a few months. I was look for Lemförder or meyle kits can anyone point me in the right direction, as I can only find individual items.

Just got a set from Allgermanparts. Asked for the metal S4 rod ends instead of the plastic items that come with the kit. Was an extra £30. In all cost me just over £400 heads. I'm fitting them tomorrow, (pinch bolts aside-I fitted new ones a few months back fitting new springs after the epic I had with the old ones) is there anything I should know when fitting them? I'm getting the car alligned afterwards too.

start plusgassing them or soaking them in WD40 now. makes life so much easier for tomorrow

Make sure you have a few 17mm & 18mm spanners & sockets.
Have you got the step by step guide off AudiWorld - very useful.

Thanks gents! Someone told me a while back that you have to tighten them with the car ob the floor (wheel on the floor??!!) I'm going to be using axle stands/jack so hows this/whats the best way to get this done?

As they are rubber bushes you do need them to be that way or they will sit out of their normal position and cause premature wear.
Easiest way is to jack under the hub to raise the suspension/knuckle etc. .to it's normal position and tighten them.
Or jack it until it just starts to take the weight off the axle stand.

How long does it take to replace all the control arms in the kit in one go?

Took me about 2 weeks. :p

Avoid the cheap eBay ones at all cost... 5k miles (if that) and one of them is already knocking.

Yep, been there done that, which is why I bought my Meyle kit from allgerman as I refuse to give any more money to ****** autoteile rippoff merchant