What inforation does the car tell us?

SonTon2003

Reaction score
A question that I have that I have not found answers to regarding the Audi S4...

1) Digital compass?
2) Miles per gallon?
3) Oil change indicator?

i presume you meen teh DIS?
mine tells me :
instant mpg
average mpg
average speed
journey time
miles left in the tank
outside temp
plus all the stereo stuff
and serving.

Digital compass? only if you have satnav or road angel or some other GPS device installed.

Why does DIS not report 'trip mileage'? It really [censored] me off that I paid the money and cannot get such simple feedback from the Driver Information System ...

I know, very annoying. My old Mk3 GTi had trip setting & cumulative setting so you didn't have to remember to reset everything before a trip.

Yes but it is a separate display, purely for trip miles, so you don't get journey time, MPG, average speed etc unless you remember to reset the cumulative totals on the DIS. Most cars have a switch on the DIS to flip between trip and cumulative, with Audi you just get cumulative. Feeble.

yeh i was gutted about this when i shifted to audi from vw, thats y i want to upgrade my dis

my first used audi didn't even have split rear seats

[ QUOTE ]
dummi said:

my first used audi didn't even have split rear seats

[/ QUOTE ]

YE never understood that why??? mine is a 98mdl so why not have split seats dont get me wrong the boot is very big but is always handy having the split seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

I've got the split seats but manual rear windows in what was one down from a top of the range A4, work that one out!

you guys should count yourselves lucky. My rear seat doesn't even fold!

I've seen an audi digital compass somewhere, may have been vagparts. It was built into the rear view mirror, with a small readout to one side with red characters. N, NE, E, SE, etc.