ebay ipod connector via CD changer? any good?

That is the unit I bought for my 98 A4, unfortunately I could not get rid of the horrible electrical whine through the speakers when I had it connected, tried the usual earthing issues but it did not solve it, ended up taking the unit out and going back to the CD player

Buy the genuine audi ipod kit. Cheaper than that!, and will work!

anyone got info/links part numbers for the audi kit? dont fancy the whining! had that in my S3 an it drove me insane! thanks for the heads up!

i take it thats not an offer GaudiTech? thanks for the link! what head unit are you connecting it too? i've just got the 'standard' s4 unit so hopefully this works ok! its still slowly loadin on this snail connection!!

Im not fitting it to anything. I was fitting one to a new car in work then the customer decided they didnt want it so i had to take it all back out. lets just say it slipped through the net! :sly:. Its for sale if you want it. Is it a chorus, concert or symphony that fitted?

how much is the kit from Audi? I had given up on connecting my Ipod but I could give this a try, although I have a concert ( i think - it comes with a tape deck) but I only have a 3rd gen ipod (the one before the coloured screen) does it work with that?

I remember it costing between £30-£40. Its compatible with the concert and have no information stating it cant work with that ipod so would say it would be fine.

The genuine Audi IPod kit will only work in Generation 2 & 3 Audi Concert & symphony radio's. B5 had first gen Concert & symphony radios.

i'd definitly be interested GAudiTech an claim first dibs lol if its still going an the above fears turn out to be incorrect but if B5NUT is on the ball as i fear he normally is this plan may have crashed an burned...
the ebay system doesnt sound like much of an option at a dearer price and risking the interferance 'whine'. i really dont want to change my head unit unless a compatable newer generation of concert or symphony can slide neatly into the headunit space left by my B5 concert 1?
i'd settle for good clear ipod performance an loose the head unit control side if needs be, have never been impressed with AM/FM kits or good auld tape deck adaptors so will need to keep thinking!

keep up the above lads, its very usefull stuff an thanks for the same...

That is also for the B6/B7 single din A4. I don't think the facia could be cut to fit. You could give it a go but don't think it's worth £150 to hack around with!

There is cheaper examples for 'a hack' test theres ones for £20 so see how the bidding goes. In theory though facia fitment aside it should be compatable with my speaker system and the iPod Audi kit above? Thanks again

It should be the same but you have can-bus wires going to your current radio, if you don't then you will need a can-bus adapter, otherwire the radio will be switching it's self off every 2 hours & pin code will not be saved, so you may need to enter the pin each morning.