C5 A6 auto stuck in park

andybnwc

Reaction score
C5 a6 trip stuck in park
My second car a c5 a6 tip is stuck in park. Checked both switches on the brake pedal and can hear audible clicking from the shifter lock solanoid and the button on the shifter is working the ignition barrel fine . Had breakdown out for 4 hours then they gave up . The light next to the shifter is also coming on and off as it shoud do . My last guess is the shift lock pin its self . Has anyone else had a similar prob and not being the switches or solanoid ? Also yes it's in wrong forum but I believe it's the same shifter

Oh well after my car was transported home i started work on it till midnight then had to stop cause because of the noise , anyways up early today with a big hammer to knock the exhaust sleaves back to drop the shifter linkage and strip it . Turns out it was the little plunger on the shift lock solenoid and its made of plastic! !!! new from audi the part is £42 no so bad but imo should never of been plastic in the first place and im sure if it had been dropped at a local garage i would of been seeing very high quotes to get to the bottom of this and im not even gonna imagine what the stealers would say !! now comes the akward part of buses with kids and somehow getting to the dealers to pay for the part before they order it.