a4 1.8t ecu swapping advice

yanspeed

Reaction score
i am swopping a chipped ecu into my a4 1.8t[1995],5 plug type.
will this trip my immobiliser?,how do i reset it if needed,is my memoscan 5053 good enough to reset if needed?.
ive read conflicting advice on the net on this,some posts say the immobiliser wont trip with the alien ecu,some say it does.
any help would be gratefully received,
cheers,
yan.

Immo will kick in with an ECU change, a cheapie VAGcom cable will siffice to reset the immo to the "new" ECU as at best you have immo2 and i have personally managed to re align the immo. You will need acces to the SKC code for the dash/immo box.

If you don't have it you can attain it by using vagtacho to draw it out of the immo box/dash

Immo will kick in with an ECU change, a cheapie VAGcom cable will siffice to reset the immo to the "new" ECU as at best you have immo2 and i have personally managed to re align the immo. You will need acces to the SKC code for the dash/immo box.

If you don't have it you can attain it by using vagtacho to draw it out of the immo box/dash

i have vag.com+vag tacho on a laptop i own,complete with a cable,i think theres a vw code sniffing tool on it as well.
never used tacho or sniffer tool,have used vag.com but its not a full version.
presumably the sniffer tool will get me the codes,what precisely am i looking for,the skc code?,ive read in posts code can be 4 or 7 digits,once ive got it can i use the vag.com to reset it?,and if so how?.
sorry for all the questions,but want to get it right first time.
many thanks for youre help so far.