Vredestein Tyres?? Sessanta v's centro vs Toyo T1-R?

aidank1981

Reaction score
hey all!

looking for new boots for the S4 (will soon to be on B6 S4 alloys hence 235)
love the look of the sessanta's! centro is an unknown (both on deals from camskill)
toyo T1-R is my 'regular' tyre!
dont fancy your high wearing eagles or your cost a fortune michilans etc budget is 100-130 a corner though?
any input/experiance?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s322p0

cheers!

Kumho KU31's are a serious contender in my view. Not quite got the grip of an eagle f1 (GSD3), but they're not far away, and they're better behaved in the wet, and extremely good value.

While the eagles have more grip even in the wet, they seem unable to shift a lot of water when anything other than brand new, so you end up managing 1 or 2mph more round a corner, then have the tyres let go because they've hit a small puddle.

The other option is Uniroyal Rainsport 2's. Again not quite got the dry grip edge of the eagle, however wet grip is simply astounding. If i was spending eagle money on a tyre, these would be going on instead.

Our car is currently running the KU31s, mainly due to the price and the fact i was skint when they went on.

Not used the Cento so can't comment on those.
But have got Sessanta's on my E46 BMW at the moment. Pretty good tyre, different class to the Toyo T1R.
Have even replaced the rears with another pair.

Kumho KU31, had those on a much lighter car than the Audi but the only positive was price.
I've used them on a heavier car (not mine) and they were OK. But I'd probably take the T1Rs (and F1 Eagles) over them.

Use Hankook K110 V12 Evo as my daily tyre atm and they are much better than the KU31 and T1R, and approx the same price.

But it depends on what use you put the car to for my next recommendation...
If you want a tyre that works well and grips .. almost a trackday tyre..
The Hankook RS2 is not much more cash (15-20 a corner) and is in a different league for hard use.

I bought a full set of ultra sessantas to replace my conti sport 3s and to be honest im nothing but impressed with them so far.

Very good grip in the wet and dry and cost half of some of the other brands!

all interestin stuff an thanks for the same, she is a second car to my 4x4 so doesnt do alot of wet weather/winter drivin, tends to be a nice day car esspecially for a thrash!
still leaning toward the sessanta's just thought there was very little mention of them on here?
any more info is always welcome tho!

I have been running Vredesteins for about 4 years on a number of cars and they are very good.