Dials had a spazz??

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Pulled out to overtake on the M1 last night. As I got to about 90 the speedo and tacho flickered and bounced between 0 and my speed. This lasted about 3 or 4 seconds. Everything else seemed normal and it didn't reappear for the rest of the journey. I'm now worried I might have some electrical gremlins coming my way :(

its the new anti speeding campain mate......NOT

Just watch and see if it happens again i spose, it's not a usual one

Had the same problem mate on previous cars! On my rs2000 it was the start of the alternator dying and on my mk3 gti was the crank sensor ******. Nothing major and easy fixes, hopefully your gremlin might fix itself mate! If you have a volt meter, measure your battery voltage?

Drove home last night and as wall fine until I gave it a hoof full and then the dials dropped back off again and everything just died, total power loss :( It came back and behaved teh rest of the way home. I have noticed now that I'm getting some interference through the radio that I didn't get before.

i would start at your earths first, and also check the term 30/75 nuts are tight under the drivers bolster