So I wrote my car off

voteforpedro

Reaction score
I won't get into details, but will say it was my fault and am deeply sorry and ashamed. Luckily no one was hurt.

The taxi:

crash-1.jpg

crash-2.jpg

The Audi:

crash-3.jpg

crash-4.jpg

crash-5.jpg

crash-6.jpg

crash-7.jpg

crash-8.jpg

I managed to drive it home but the clutch was slipping like hell. I can't tell with the sideskirt on whether the sill is damaged or not, but the rear of the O/S wing has crumpled in by about an inch. I can't shut the door either because it's bent or the sill has raised slightly.

As for me, my shoulder hurts like hell but I am still alive. :)

I think fixing it is out of the question so I may remove a few valuable parts and scrap the rest. Don't really have time to break if fully.

Doh. :(

On a sidenote, he must have hit me at 30. If those images aren't a testament to an A4's build quality I don't know what is. If I was in a Saxo it would have been a different story...

Oh no!! Sorry to see that mate :(

At least nobody was seriously injured.. you'll just have to get an S4 now :icon_thumright:

ouch, gutted for ya dude.

Glad the audi held up, looks like you may have driven out in front of them looking at the damage, easily done my man. Good job you have a strong car

it looks financially written off rather than structurally.
not fix that up with new door and wing?
might require some jiggery on the door mounts to get them to hang perfectly but seems relatively cosmetic to scrap.

could work out financially beneficial if you have a decent insurance company.
can you buy it back or are you just avoiding the claim process? if the taxi is claiming on your policy anyway you may as well put it through as your premium is going up regardless...

it looks financially written off rather than structurally.
not fix that up with new door and wing?
might require some jiggery on the door mounts to get them to hang perfectly but seems relatively cosmetic to scrap.

could work out financially beneficial if you have a decent insurance company.
can you buy it back or are you just avoiding the claim process? if the taxi is claiming on your policy anyway you may as well put it through as your premium is going up regardless...

I'm TPFT so it's sat in my drive till I decide what to do with it. It doesn't get recorded on HPI now if I sell it on, right? I'm worried about bent sills and of course the slipping clutch. Not sure how the crash would have caused that but there you go. :p

I took the wing off to assess the damage underneath and it doesn't look too bad. Is the corner of the sill supposed to be rounded like the pic, or did the taxi do that lol?

crash-9.jpg

Also in the second pic, what is that? It connects to some black box. It looks like it's been disconnected for some time...

crash-10.jpg

On closer inspection there's a 6" long crack on the underside of the sill. That's that then. :(

Sorry to here that, least everyone is OK. Wonder how much it would cost to repair/replace the sill. I'm in the same boat with one of my B5's but I'm going to have a go at sorting the sill out, in the end it's only time, if it doesn't work then I've lost nothing.

could it not be welded up?
sill off job is not worth it just for a crack.

any photos?
is that box not a charcoal canister? not sure what car yours is

could it not be welded up?
sill off job is not worth it just for a crack.

any photos?
is that box not a charcoal canister? not sure what car yours is

Mine's a 1.8T (AEB). Not sure if it's worth fixing tbh. I already said I wasn't going to spend any more cash on it before this happened. Even if I get it welded it still looks like it's been hit by a Toyota, the plastic skirt is in bits and I'm not 100% certain the sill hasn't been distorted in some way.

If I had more time I would just break it, but I might just strip it of the good parts and scrap the rest. :(

Hiya butty sorry to hear that at least your ok ****** the taxi driver they all drive like ***** anyway in my opinion, if you scrap it dude give me a shout i may want some things off you if you dont need or want them il even come up and strip it for you if that helps you out, oh by the way is there any pics on here of the interior
Cheers Gareth

Last edited:
Hi Mate.

Not nice. As long as your OK thats the main thing.
If you do break it then let us all know as I am sure, like me, there will be folks after various bits and bobs.

bear in mind its right on the cusp of needing work age wise.

Ours is a similar age, and i've already had to change the track rod ends for its MOT. The rest of the bushes and balljoints probably need changed too.

Our timing belt is due soon, and i've had to replace a rear caliper as it had siezed, and one of the rear driveshafts as the ABS ring had cracked. It also has a slightly noisey rear wheel bearing. I only paid £1900 for ours though.

I like it but like alot looks really nice, i would give the seller a ring and ask him if he knows what has been done and if there is any thing that needs doing ect ect