Best way to get through the bulk head

Jupi77

Reaction score
Hello All,
I've just joined the forum today and wanted some advice.
I'm going to be replacing the factory head unit on my wife's B5 A4 saloon and am going to be using an old amp that I have to power the rear speakers. I need to know the easiest way of routing the power lead through the bulk head to get to the battery. I can't see any obvious routes.

Any ideas? I'm sure many of you have done this before, so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Jupi

up through the bottom right side of dash where ECU is, drill neat hole in side of the box, seal hole with black sealer and along to battery, easy!

^^ what he said, ECU box is perfect route, even easier if you poke it through one iof the existing rubbers as it seals itself up if you gont make to lagre a hole

Yes alot easier to feed the cable from the engine side down into the drivers footwell, there is already a spare grommet, no drilling necessary

Agreed its right by the battery too so you will have more + cable to play with in the car. Here is a few pics of the routeing (I put a sub in mine last week).........

The route from the battery....

SUBPOWERCABLEBATTERYCONNECTION.jpg

The grommet it goes through under the pollen filter housing.........

ENGINESIDESUBCABLEROUTING.jpg

And where it will protrude in the nearside footwell (this is made much easier with the glovebox removed)......

BULKHEADROUTINGFORSUBCABLE.jpg

Hope this helps you.....

Ollie

That's great, thanks all for your comments. I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

How are you going to disturb the heater? Wake it on a sunday morning with a hangover???!!!!!