2.8 idle solved?

millsy

Reaction score
have read loads of posts regarding the dreaded 2.8idle issuses,and have tried all the advise, but still it idles very lumpy.has any one managed to find the problem?

No I haven't. In the course of the last year I have tried all the advised methods to no avail. I even replaced the vaccum pipes. I.m certain its the throttle body now. I'm replacing mine soon so we will see if that works.

ive replaced the maf, cts, throttle body,inlet manifold and all vac pipes and still cant cure it.the throttle body cost a fortune!ive read about the water pump being a problem,am thinking thats next on the list?

My pump was changed not so long ago and that didnt fix it. Have you calibrated the TB? I am very suprised the new TB didnt fix the issue!

Temp sender did it for me, or if the battery has been disconnected for a while then the ECU can take forever to recalibrate and give you back a stable idle. Also suffered from the water pump seizing which caused stalling.

Ref the above points agreed! The first thing I did was actually replace the temp sender. I was hoping it would be the water pump but it wasn't. The only thing left is the TB so it's GOT to be it! There is nothing else it can be!

yes the tb was calibrated,ive just got a new temp sender,so will get that fitted and let you know the results.re your engine conversion,would the supercharger option be less hassle?and probably cheaper?

I am thinking about all the options at the mo. Problem is the PES on a 2.8 still dosn't even take it to the 300hp mark, and thats with all the supporting mods fitted too! I love messing around with my cars, but when it becomes a hassle I end up sacking it as its just not worth it. I can be super keen one week, then if I start to feel the cars mugging me off I wont touch her for weeks and drive my other halfs instead!.......