few jobs i did today

205man

Reaction score
ive been meaning to get round to doing a few jobs and as i had a day off today i thought id do some

firstly used some di-noch carbon to tidy up rear window triangles that were looking tatty and it was this or respray, and i already had the carbon so.... (sorry crappy pics light was poor due to very cloudy etc)

P1020162.jpg

then the plastic gear surround trim was also looking worn and tatty so bt more carbon

P1020163.jpg

then fitted the genuine audi armrest - it is the same colour as interior just not good pic

P1020166.jpg

then fitted these along with greenstuff pads .....still have the rears to fit

P1020134.jpg

about time i treated her to some tlc lol

lol yes i did copy the triangle idea lol , i had already considered doing the gear surround but wasnt sure until i saw it done by someone else lol

what a ****** pain those triangles are to get off and back on, must say they caused the are to turn abit blue when i was doing them lol

Yeah I know what you mean! The only thing that turned blue doing mine was my language! Looks good though mate, fair play! TBH it would be very easy to go DI-NOC mad!! And just do everything in sight! I have already done the back of my iPhone with the little bit I had left over! My next door neighbour but one has a VXR and he has done his bonnet, roof, half his front bumper, most of his interior, parts of his engine and his wingmirrors. Thats just ott as far as I'm concerned! The gimp even tells people its real CF! LOL!!!

That is a good finish with that stuff! I was considering doing mine with proper CF, but just don't know if I can be ***** now. I might just buy this stuff, as it looks far easier and cleaner. I am wanting to do my interior trim as it's piano black, and a little boring I think. How much do you reckon I would need? (B6 A4 avant)

And the iPhone idea...I like it! :eyebrows:

im going to do the black painted panel in between the front and back doors as it has a scratch and worn where door has rubbed, then thats me done with, as you could get to carried away................lol im just waiting to see how long before someone covers their whole car lol

easy to work out how much you need for your b6 .... just measure each length and width and add about 10-15mm extra on each side to curve over and trim off, then check on what sizes you can buy at least with the trim its narrow so will get at least 2-3 from each width of di-noc

Awesome work with the Di-Noc.

I would urge you to get a refund on the Greenstuff pads as they are a famously lousy pad, iffy verging on dangerous. Mintex 1144 or 1155's would be a far better choice and will actually work when you need them to rather than just smoke. This was my brothers 160bhp Fiesta doing 4 light stops from 60-70 and an attempted hard stop from about 50-60. I had intended to stop next to the camera but they just ceased giving braking effort and you can see the smoke pour of them just before the clip stops. I really can't iterate enough how lousy the pad compound is :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z60DPax2Q1M

thanks for that oranoco, i got them form my mate whos owns a garage, and i just called him he said he will have them back and sort me out some mintex, and he will fit them to another car lol , ive not even moved the car since ive fitted them so they have no marks apart where pads clamp disc when pedal pumped.

it was my fault i just thought they were ok pads lol.....

Looks good. :)

How did you to the rear window triangles? Did you remove them from car? If so, how? :)

yes removed them from the car as you wont get proper effect unless you fold the carbon right over the edges

open the windows pull the plastic trim off from the inside the car behind the triangles, then move the sponge/foam and you will see a torx bolt (30), undo this then the fun begins you sort of have to pull/twist the triangle upwards and at an angle you may want to run a flat endge around it first as mine was stuck to the window rubbers.......they come out but do take abit of force and some swearing lol

when putting back its just as much fun lol but just be careful not to damage the rubber or break the alumnium ridge on the rear although some off mine ws missing before so dont think it makes huge difference if abit breaks off.

alan