Air Conditioning

pipewerkz

Reaction score
I know that having the A/C on can suck some gas. My question is: Since there is no A/C button, Is there a set temperature that the A/C compressor kicks on or is it always on?

There is an AC button, on the B5 Climate unit it looks like a * < snowflake. and on the B6 unit it is called ECON

When econ is lit that means compressor off,

Does this help?

I can say that my B5 2000 S4 doesn't have a snowflake button or a econ button. Should I assume that my a/c is on whenever I turn the air on?

Hi pipewerkz, do u not have two small LCD with the up/down with the "snow flake" on the left?
The only thing i can think of is because u live in the states u dont get the option to switch on/off? WEIRD,

Thanks andy i better start saving my pennys as car is going in fri for new timming belt so there is £400! it will just need to last till jan/feb

No, not snowflake for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I have one LCD, on the left it says Temp and has a + & -, and on the right is the fan speed + & -. Very weird that in the states they would do it that way. Or maybe they changed with the years? Anyone have a '00 S4 and an '00 A4 states and over seas where we can get some kind of comparison action?

Ahhhh yesss.. the ECON button.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif where'd that come from... ::walks away wistling::

I took a "closer" look at everything tonight in the car, I have an ECON button all the way to the left of the unit. Im assuming ECON is air conditioning off. Thanks for the help guys.