Door handles and Roof rails.

phoenixv6quattro

staylowmovefast
Reaction score
Hello fellas. Two questions if anyone knows the answer to them.....
1. Can you interchange the door handles form a pre-facelift to post - facelift?
2. I saw an Avant in London a few hours ago with no roof bars. It was a left hooker. Was this an option from the factory, or has the dude removed these himself and filled the holes?

Cheers Gents

Ollie

P.S. I have an RS4 grill, but actually want an OE S4 one now! Does anyone want to swap?

On the door handles, no. The facelift ones are more losenge shaped than rectangular, and as a result the door is a different shape round the handle.

The roof rails were an option from factory, there are some S/RS's over on AudiSRS that dont have any. I dont think filling them would be viable, the roof flexes far too much, you'd probably be better off just welding in a new roof skin instead.

Yeah the one I saw was an S4. I'm not thinking of doing it myself. I like my rails. Just pondering as I have never seen one without any. Ref door handles, thats a ******...

DSCN2046crop.jpg

049.jpg

Yeah the one I saw was an S4. I'm not thinking of doing it myself. I like my rails. Just pondering as I have never seen one without any. Ref door handles, thats a ******...

Could always get some 2nd hand facelift doors, looking at a few quid though as you need the car spraying down both sides so the colour matches. Doors you could source pretty cheap. I was considering doing the same on mine and found doors on ebay for 99p that didn't sell. Decieded against it though as he wouldnt send them and lived too far away

Yeah agreed, but WAY too much ballache just for some handles! I will probably just end up taking the handles off and filling in the keyholes, soon as I fit my R-click kit which may I add I am not looking forward to as I'm a **** sparky! lol!

Leave them off mate! Very rare to have an Avant with no rails, it must be because I only saw one for the first time a few hours ago!lol!....
Floyd, an "R-click" kit is a remote central locking kit. It enables B5's without CL to have it. Inexpensive and defo worthwhile.

Linky.........http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=671

I've had mine for yonkers but see fitting it as a mega chore because I hate wires! Think I will prob get high before doing it......ha ha !

I had a rclick kit on my old Golf. Cheap, easy to install, good range and came with 2x very OEM looking keyfobs. Definitely recommended.

One thing to be mindful of is that when I had mine, the key blanks that came with it were the newer style, not the AH type (older style). So I couldn't get the blanks cut and had to carry the keyfob and original key.

I see what you mean mate, however the S4 I saw with no rails looked very sleek! It parks up somewhere in Mayfair close to where I work, so I will try and get a kodak moment with it.

Leave them off mate! Very rare to have an Avant with no rails, it must be because I only saw one for the first time a few hours ago!lol!....
Floyd, an "R-click" kit is a remote central locking kit. It enables B5's without CL to have it. Inexpensive and defo worthwhile.

Linky.........http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=671

I've had mine for yonkers but see fitting it as a mega chore because I hate wires! Think I will prob get high before doing it......ha ha !

I changed my central locking pump to one that recieves a remote signal then had my key re-coded. Got the pump from the scrappy for a tenner and my mate at the phirm coded the key for free. Easy!! Only bad thing is its got a **** range, must only be about 2 foot!!