Volks AutosEM Tuning

Thread: Help required

imported_dumpvalve

Help required

I noticed something dangling from under the front bumper today; some kind of plug on the end of a lead. Haven't a clue what it is or where it should go so I've managed to take two (poor quality) pictues now I'm home.

I'm a bit worried that it should be doing a job somewhere so I'd very much appreciate somebody letting me know what it is before I set off to work tomorrow!

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_dumpvalve

Re: Help required

Here's the other pic. Off out for a few hours now (not in my car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) so hopefully I will have the answer when I get back! Cheers.

* J e d i *

Status

Is it for the cable for leveling of the lights? mines are dangling as my 2 peice poo lights dont have motors.
    Looks like them,

Cheers

DErek [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_Yaseen

I havent actually seen but have heard of it- it is possibly the air temperature sensor and is supposed to be there.

check with a garage just to be sure though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

imported_kris_tdi

yeah almost certain that is the external air temp sensor for the DIS. it should be clipped in not dangling.

6th Gear

Status

there is a sensor that plugs into the bottom of the engine,
    best thing to do is get under it and see if you can spot an empty clip or hole.

imported_dumpvalve

Thanks for the help lads.

I'll have a look in the morning and see if it clips into anything. Can't be arsed scrabbling around under the car now though.

Cheers,

Drew.

imported_RastaS4

Drew, do you have water sprays on your headlights? If yes, it might be the plug for the little motor engine for the sprayers. Just a thought! I doubt that it's the outside air temp sensor.

G