rear door - corner window trim

205man

Reaction score
how do you remove the small window corner trims on the rear doors?, mine has got a small section of paint flaked off so going to get them re sprayed or replaced. but dont want to go just janking at stuff and doing more damage

you will find they are part of the full interior window housing frame, there is no way of removing them, the frame comes out if you dont want to mask the weather seal

They fiddle out with the door card removed IIRC. it's awkward but it is a replaceable/repairable part

The exterior triangles do come off.....its a bit of a fiddly job but they definately come off.

I know this as i treated mine to a carbon skinning!

If i remember rightly, from inside the car, gently prize off the interior triangles and you will see a "torx" bolt...(i think, been a while since i did mine)

Obviously undo this bolt and "jiggle" the exterior triangle passed the rubber frame (wind the window down to make life easier)

In haynes manual style, replacing is a reversal of removal.

I have just 3M Carbon covered mine today......Yes everything stated above. I really had to wrestle with mine to get them out! I ended up having to use a flathead screwdriver to prise them off! If you do this be carefull not to damage the rubber surrounds for the windows (like I did!)....

Ollie