Finally fitted my Meyle control arm kit

AndyMac

Retired from service
Reaction score
Been putting it off for months, but the clonking and groaning from the cheapshit ebay kit I fitted 18months ago was getting on my nerves (and it would fail the impending MOT).
Ordered the kit from Allgermanparts last week and fitted it today (well one side this morning, drivers side this afternoon).
No pinchbolt nightmare this time, no nightmares at all, took me 4 hours per side.
MeyleKit.jpg

MeyleKit2.jpg

Wheelarchremoved.jpg

Oldballjoint.jpg

Newuppers.jpg

Lowers.jpg

The £140 ebay kit had literally disintegrated, all the rubbers were completely shot and both upper arms had movement in the ball joints, big big false economy.
Ah well better get on with the drivers side.

Last edited:
need to do this to mine but want to do the suspension at the same time, how much did the kit cost you

£380 delivered, which was another thing that p!ssed me off as if I'd bought it when I bought the ebay shyte, it was only about £300 - Doh!
They are cheaper on german ebay, but the guy selling them (autoteile) is the **** that sold me the cheapo crap in the first place and there's no way I'm giving him even more of my money.

got my meyle kit from autoteile, cant knock his service... was only 330 delivered. came within the week too.

What are the lemforder lits like as I can get a kit from gsf with some discount

All finished, just took her out for a spin and she's like a new car, no groans clonks or annoying vibration when doing 80mph or heavy braking, money well spent at last. Apart from getting smashed in the nose by an unruley socket wrench it was so more straightforward than last time - the wonders of copper grease!

Brings back memories! Unfortunately I also bought an eBay set and the N/S has started to knock slightly over bumps... :(

Pedro: keep a VERY close eye on the tyres.

I had an ebay kit on the car for about 4 months, albeit we probably did 8k in that time. All four upper balljoints were completely shot to ****, and the play meant the toe and camber angle was moving about all the time. It was so bad it actually wore the tyres into a wave shape (some patches were bald and others still had tread on them!) on the inside edge, and the oscillations at motorway speeds were so bad it was verging on scary.

Ebay kit cost £140
Two Eagle F1's cost £120
Alignment the first time was £30
Meyle kit was £330 from german ebay
Computerised alignment the second time was £60.

An Expensive way of trying to save money!

Lemforder or Meyle for me from now on. Did the TRE's on the TQS last month, used lemforder ones at £35 each, but the original ones lasted 10 years and 100k, so i know i'm buying quality. Unfortunately i didnt bother getting the tracking done, and drove to scotland and back, scrubbing the crap out of the offside front tyre :( Seems i dont learn from my own mistakes :p

look almost too nice to fit

I know when I got mine delivered I didn't want them to go on. They really are a nice thing to play with and look at not put somewhere you can't see.

I'm doing mine soon. Just happy I have learnt from other peoples mistakes of buying the fleabay ones. I was a knats **** away form clicking buy it now untill I read what Aragorn had to say about them a few months back.

G'day there guys,

Just joined this forum, been a member of OzAudi and AudiWorld for a few years...

Anyway, to the point: I've heard some good & bad things about the Meyle "Improved" control arm kits. Ultimately I was scared off & bought another "quality" after market kit.
Does anyone have a long term experience with them (50,000+ miles)?

I also made the mistake of buying an el-cheapo kit from Ebay in the past & it was absolutely rooted at 80,000km (50,000 Miles). I subsequently bought a dearer Deutsche Parts "S4" kit, which has now done about 30,000km (20,000 odd miles) and is still nice and tight. Straight away on purchase you could see an improvement in build quality, but the long term still needs to be experienced...

Cheers for any experience

Marty
:kissmyrings:

What make were the parts in the S4 kit?
Hamburg Technic were stamped on them - but not moulded or engraved same as: link.
I've since read that Hamburg Technic may just be a chinese multibrand type of part. I've also heard that Deutsche Parts may be related to FCP. That's why I've qualified my parts with "so far", but they were definately a better part than the el-cheapo's I originally bought.
It's also why I'm looking for long term Meyle experience.

Cheers
Marty