Seriously lacking inspiration

voteforpedro

Reaction score
So I have officially given up on my car. I have a huge to-do list including:

- Sea Foam
- Boost gauge
- Rear brakes overhaul

All of which are pretty exciting but I have lost all motivation to do it. I guess I am holding out because the missus has potentially given the go ahead for a new car soon...

So I am looking for a suitable 1.8TQS Avant. :) Preferably black but can't be too picky considering their rarity lol.

Help me out. If you do see one, let me know! Until then, my aging blue lump isn't going to get much love.

I know how you feel, i go through it regularily.

Black is very rare, only ever seen one on the 'Bay and it went for a shade under 2 k

I was looking for a black one myself.

Looked for ages, saw nothing, then the one mark mentioned appears on ebay. I pointed it out to the missus and she was pretty non-committal, so i left it be. It sold for £1900, and when i showed her the completed item, she asks "Why didnt you bid?"

After a jaw dropping "WHAT?!!?!?!?" moment, i went back on ebay and found the one i have now, its far from black but its so rare and such a nice color i was drawn to it!

On the inspiration front, the opposite happened to me. At first i didnt want to modify it at all. Then over time i started doing this and that, and the bug starts to bite. I said from the start i didnt want to "waste" money modifying a FWD, but began to realise i was wanting to do more and more, so the new car seemed a sensible proposition before i put any more money into it.

Last edited:
It's funny how a creature that knows so little about cars actually regulates what you are"allowed" and the time spent doing it.......I have to plan days in advance if I have a job to do consisting of several pathetic gestures on my behalf just so she dosnt go spastic when I buy a set of meyle control arms or new alloys.....You have my sympathy.

Inspiration:

DSCN2046crop.jpg