Zimmermann brake discs

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
Anyone used these before? Was told GSF sell them but they dont! Where can i get them from? Was told there the best of the budgets....sounds good to me!!

Plan is to have the Zimmers and fast road pads all round, slight up grade without spending too much money

Any good??????????????????????????

I've never heard of them, but personally i've always just baught whatever disks the local factors stocks. Apec, Delphi, QH, Brakeworld etc are all perfectly acceptable.

People often claim cheap disks warp, but i've never warped any of the disks i've fitted to my cars, and i suspect "warping" is more down to bad use than any defect with the disks themselves (ie its usually caused by pad material transfer, rather than the disk physically becoming bent).

Pads i find more important, and i try to get decent products like mintex or ferodo (not neccesarily the fast road pads mind, the A4 is currently running normal mintex redbox pads). I've had a set of brakeworld pads that were so useless they'd fade on a single stop from motorway speeds, and thats with larger disks fitted!

Thanks chaps, think i'll go whatever discs and decent pads then. Any ideas on pricing??? and will the factors do decent pads??

Thanks again

My local ECP is a Ferrodo dealer/distributor, so I guess so then.....Like Aragorn said, the pads are much more important so the bulk of you £££ wants to go there.

my golf years back came with a set of zimmerman cross drilled discs. no issues to report. at the end of their life the shiney plating had started to crack but i gave them a hard life anyway

ive had all sorts of discs. the only thing youll gain from more expensive discs is that theyll last longer, but given that by the end fo the pad life i wont keep the old worn discs anyway

Ok, pad recommendations anyone? Prices and places to get them from would be a great help too,

Thanks chaps

I alwyas find what I'm after (in the last instance it was DS2500'S) and then google shop it. Easy to find the best price that way. Failing that (which will be unlikely) go into your local ECP and they can/should be able to get most makes in on request. Mine (Wycombe branch) can get both Ferrodo and Pagid which are excellent. However Mintex make some very good pads too and are more leaniant on your wallet.

pads. what car do you have and whats the output?

It really depends what you want from the pad, and how hard you drive the car.

I've never fitted "performance" pads to any car i've owned, instead opting to slightly upgrade the diameter of the disk and use normal pads. I find that gives an equivalent improvement, but means i can use standard pads at 20quid an axle, than having to spend £100+ on fast road pads.

After some bad experiences with brakeworld pads though, i've always stuck with proper brandnames. Mintex tends to be my "goto" brand, but Ferodo, Pagid and others all make good quality OEM products, and i'd happily use those if thats what the factors happened to be able to get hold of.

DS2500's get a good write up, but they also tend to be a bit lacking from cold, as they're aimed a bit more at track use. The Ferodo DS Performance range would probably be a better choice for a normal road car. Mintex seems to have dropped their "Xtreme" line becuase it wasnt R90 certified, meaning the first upgrade available is the M1144, which is probably quite similar to the DS2500, although i've heard they perform a little better from cold.

I've got Zimmerman disks all round bought from G+S i use them with Greenstuff Pads all round, good combination a tiny bit squeaky when cold thats my only complaint. But good responsive brakes with plenty of feel.

Just got a price from euro car parts for pagid discs and pads all round, £125 inc vat

Sounds good to me.......opinions?????