Gearbox oil for 2.8Q

Hello mate. Audi will tell you they are sealed for life and the fluid will never need changing......If this were true they wouldn't have drain and refill plugs! lol! I changed mine a few months back (@ 125,000), because IMO its good practice. Just dont make the mistake of buying the fluid from Audi as they charge the earth. Get it from GSF or ECP. I can't remember the grade/specification, its in my SH, but I am sure someone will let you know.

Ollie

P.S. - Be carefull when undoing the plugs, Aragorn is having a knightmare with his at the mo, and make sure you undo the refill plug first!!

Thanks phoenix, thought that must be the case as there's no mention of it anywhere. Might just leave well alone for now as the gearbox has only done 50k miles (recon after my original imploded). The CAT's are on and sounding sweet, although it was slightly more expensive at £350 as they sheared off a couple of bolts which took an extra hour to get out. Seems to be a lot faster now too, though probably just wishful thinking.
Just need to replace my front suspension (again) with a Meyle kit and get the cambelt etc changed and return to the problem of my ABS light coming on after 20mins each morning and then staying on all day and she'll be sorted for another year!

Fair play mate. Yeah after only 50k the 'box oil should be fine. I wouldnt think about it until the 100k mark.