2.8q rear springs

adesb5

Reaction score
Hi guys
i need to replace the rear spring on my car (1 busted 1 not far off),its already got audi sport chassis,so does anybody know where to get replacment springs from apart from audi,all the motorfactors around here dont do them.
has anybody tried the cheaper coilover kits available on e-bay are they anygood? as i aint got £500+ for the good stuff, as for lowering spring i cant realy got to low only about 10-20mm as i work out of a farm and the driveway is rubish to say the least.the cars a 2.8q b5 y2k
thanks for any suggestions guys

If its just under a full coil thats broken just make it a full coil and do the same on the other side. It will sit very slightly lower but if you keep it to just a coil you will be fine. If you dont fancy that just look on audisrs for somebody selling standard springs off an s4.

I did that to mine, lopped off about 3/4 of a coil, then adjusted the rubber top mount to enable the spring to seat properly. Works perfectly and the car sits about 10mm lower.

thanks fellas i hadnt thought of that,looks like ive got a job to do at the weekend.

I have one good rear spring if you want it! will keep you going for a while atleast. It was off my old 98 2.8q

Thanks for the offer Sam, but ive just ordered some adjustable coilovers so will see how i go with these on minimum lowering
cheers
Adie