Seafoam

Yeah, seafoam...LOL

You can get it on the bay, but there is no replacement for doing it properly, a lot of people do it before they start having problems, doesn't seem to fix it once the blockage has occured

I have tried this along with just about every kind of "miracle" engine treatment/flusher/cleaner/additve etc etc over the course of 7 years owning second and third hand cars with 100k+ on the clock. I can honestly say that none of them come close to flushing the engine with a few litres (or half the engine oils capacity) of diesel. Simply drain 50% of of your cars engine oil. Replace that 50% with diesel from a pump via gerry can at your local gas station that you have obviously pre-filled. Idle the engine until it is up to temp. Then take it up to 2 or 2.5 k for 1 or 2 mins. Let the engine return to idle for a few mins. Then repeat by taking it up to 2-2.5k again. Keep on doing this for approx 15 mins. Turn the engine off. Wait for 5 mins and drain the oil/diesel mix.......Next replace the filter and washer/plug. Fill up with a budget oil as any stuff you put in will be black by 1000k. At the 1000k mark (after the flush) drain as normal and refill with your favourite oil. You can now change it at the normal 5k intervals as the old oil would have picked up all the remaining gunk after the flush. Job done!

When I did this on my 2.8 which had covered 120k at the time, SHED loads of sludge came out of the drain plug after the diesel flush. It was disgusting. After doing this the engine was really really smooth, as it is now. For good measure, I also took it down the motorway for one junction in third gear at 80 mph (close to redline). This is an oldschool way of clearing the engines lungs and if you do not believe it try it yourself. I did this straight after the diesel flush. This along with the diesel flush transformed my car! And it will only cost you a regular oil change and a gerry can of derv! happy days.

I agree,snowfoam is Ok if applied the correct way. However, the derv flush IMO and experience is a hell of a lot better and cheaper!

via the intake, youd be mad to use anything other than straight forward water

as a CGTI veteran pedro, you ought to know!

as for the sump, i stand by auto gearbox fluid. ive not had anything bad enough to make me justify diesel yet but i can see that working too

Everyone has different opinions and routes to cleaning. I use Gunk engine flush in the oil. It comes out like tar and feels worlds different. OP, just be aware, there's a lot of terrible info and suggestions out there. Not saying the ones in this thread are bad, just be-careful and watch out for all the hoopla haha.

Seafoam is basically a kerosene mix. Kerosene has been used as an engine cleaner for years and years. Has similar properties as diesel just not as potent.

I have done the diesel flush on this car, worked a treat. 50/50 mix old oil and diesel, run for 15 mins at high idle, drain, refil with nasty cheap oil run for a few hundred, dump it and go full synth, sorted me out a treat !

Tifun, kerosene is just purified diesel. And the gunk engine flush cans are exactly the same thing. Its/there just gimmicks in fancy clothing.....

via the intake, youd be mad to use anything other than straight forward water

as a CGTI veteran pedro, you ought to know!

as for the sump, i stand by auto gearbox fluid. ive not had anything bad enough to make me justify diesel yet but i can see that working too

Water through the inlet and TSC's ATF in the oil for the win.....

yup. i and many others have done it so many times. the water tricks makes so much sense on so many levels, its practically a must

Tifun, kerosene is just purified diesel. And the gunk engine flush cans are exactly the same thing. Its/there just gimmicks in fancy clothing.....

Yes and gasoline is also closely related, they are all related and yet are all slightly different forms or paraffin or hydrocarbons. Gimmicks or not the stuff does work and has proven to do well for many people. Benefits for me? I don't have to lug a fuel can around in my trunk wanting to spill all over, I don't get the 2 day odor left on my hands and it's self contained. It works for me, I will continue to use it once a year and continue to notice restoration :)

Well done Fella! Bravo! Give yourself a pat on the back and take a bow..........Gold star that man!

Tifun, it would be more like this my little flower petal........
displaysmiley.php
displaysmiley.php
:shutup2:
displaysmiley.php
displaysmiley.php
.......Then........
displaysmiley.php
........during........
displaysmiley.php
......after:drag::lazy:........and wheneverm I think about our time together.....:drool:

Your place or mine?.........
www.freesmil
displaysmiley.php

XXX.....
displaysmiley.php

Last edited:
Would that diesel flushy thingy work on any car? I normally use that wynns stuff and it seems to do some good?

Yes it will. All the Wyns stuff is is purified diesel anyhow. Chuck 50% derv in there and see the result!