Tyres Problem

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
im in a predicament at the moment, on friday i was told that the company i work for is going into liquidation so was told that only 2 weeks left to work, my problem is i was at the back of the car and noticed my tyres looking a bit angular so went in for a closer look and there is thread showing on the inside of my rear passenger tyre so i need to get a new one but due to my company going under i wont be paid by them anymore so the 2 weeks im working will be paid to me by the goverment(so im told) in 4-5 weeks and im ****** skint but i desperately need a tyre as its too dangerous to keep running the car.

ive been on camskill and im looking at the kumho tyre -
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s134p2347

is this tyre any good for now until i find work again?? does anyone know of any better ones for the same sort of price??

im gutted i found this as i dont need this right now.

Grant

Ok tyres for the money, ran them on the Purple one.

I would wonder how you have worn to the wire already you have not done many miles on it and the tyres,suspension was new not long ago

I'm running Kumho Exsta Sport all round, 225/55-17 front and 245/45-17 rear, they've been excellent so far, good turn-in, quiet and progressive.

Should be even better on your car on than mine....

Ok tyres for the money, ran them on the Purple one.

I would wonder how you have worn to the wire already you have not done many miles on it and the tyres,suspension was new not long ago

im assuming it is beacause the coilovers i have put on, i need the car to be 4 wheel aligned so ill be contacting A+A tyres in cardiff as they seem to look good, just wondering how much it gona cost as im skint now due to losing my job in 2 weeks.

I had Kumho's on the Beemer and ran them on my Porsche until I replaced them. Very competent tyres for a budget price. Good wet and dry grip under normal road conditions and a fairly hard compound so longevity was good too. Wouldn't like to be doing a track day on them mind!

tux: a lot of the VX220 and lotus elise chaps run the KU31's as wet weather track tyres, so they cant be that bad on track!

kumho ku31 is a very good tyre

ive heard good things (from people i trust) about the 712 also.... and the 712 is also used by "admiral". the admiral 712 is exactly the same tyre if you want to save even more

Mate, I have two 18" Goodyear Assymetricos you can have. 235/40 i ran them on 8.5Jx18's
will cost about tenner to post them but can send you pics. can get them to for your £50 shipped
You will at least have two the same on the back

drop me a mail to ed@ersg.com

Twiggy, think you'll be looking at around £120+vat for a 4 wheel alignment. Might be worth you just raising the coilovers yourself to reduce the camber in the short term.

tux: a lot of the VX220 and lotus elise chaps run the KU31's as wet weather track tyres, so they cant be that bad on track!

Fair comment. I've never used them on track so a bit of an unknown quantity for me. But then I am naturally nervous about anything until I have first hand experience! :)

Mate, I have two 18" Goodyear Assymetricos you can have. 235/40 i ran them on 8.5Jx18's
will cost about tenner to post them but can send you pics. can get them to for your £50 shipped
You will at least have two the same on the back

drop me a mail to ed@ersg.com
cheers mate, i have ordered the falken from camskill £73 delivered so will put that on, ive had a quote from A+A tyres in cardiff and they quoted a free check, £25 for the fronts, £50 for the rear and thats toe in toe out, if the camber needs changing then its a further £45. i have no choice in doing this as i will just eat tyres at the rate this car is, its a bummer that im skint and lost my job when this needs doing but hopefully i can sell things i.e my OE S4 rims and S4 grill, anyone want OE S4 rims x5 rims, 2 with brand new tyres???????
check A+A tyres out, they seem to look pretty good http://www.aatyres.co.uk/align.html