EM TuningAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Airbag help needed

My car has always had it's airbag light on and i know the car has had a crash in the past but don't know if the airbags ever went off.
    I've vag-comed it and got

00588 - Airbag Igniter: Driver Side (N95)

32-00 - Resistance too High

00589 - Airbag Igniter 1: Passenger Side (N131)

32-00 - Resistance too High

I have soldered the under seat connectors.
    I've changed the control unit and recoded it to my car.
    I've used a volt meter and check the wires going from the control unit to the air bags.
    The air bags look in good condition but don't know how to check then safely.
    Does any one have any ideas what might be wrong and how to check for it?
    S4 1999 yellow avant, eiback pro kit, RS4 wheels powder coated black, snub mount, rear diff polly bush, rear diff Carrierr, 034 arm kit, RS4 grill and bumper mesh, forge DV x 2, SS cat back, silicone hose set. To come... Remap, intercooler, turbo back with sports cats.

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    I think thats talking about the main airbags mate, ie the steering wheel and dash ones. Unfortunately you cant really "test" the airbags. Only option is to get another one and swap it in and see if it works. If it doesnt then perhaps its a wiring fault, but you say you've tested the wires.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah i think its the dash and the steering wheel, with the bat unplugsed i downloaded the wirring diagram for the airbag system and tesed for ressistance from ther controll unit plug to the airbag plug and both sets of wires are fine.
    I got 1.5 on pas side and 6.8 on drivers side.
    Dose anyone know the part numbers of these 2 airbags?
    I could be a bad pas airbag and the slip ring i.e to seperate faults with the same code.
    Or could it be a bad earth maybe?
    S4 1999 yellow avant, eiback pro kit, RS4 wheels powder coated black, snub mount, rear diff polly bush, rear diff Carrierr, 034 arm kit, RS4 grill and bumper mesh, forge DV x 2, SS cat back, silicone hose set. To come... Remap, intercooler, turbo back with sports cats.

Neutral

Status
    Just incase anybody doesn`t know this I took my car for MOT other day with airbag fault light on and it passed. Guy tells me its not a requirement for the MOT...Not good for safety though....

1st Gear

Status
    OK to up date. i just bypassed the slipring and the driver side code cleared. So i think that is just the slip ring.
    Now i just need to sort the pas side.
    What part number should i have for the pas side airbag?
    I saw one on ebay for my car but it had a diff number to the one i have in there, could this be the problem?